Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

To be fair, I do remember this.

But I think we all might have underestimated how bad Biz is. Toronto had a roster that covered up his weaknesses, we don't.

His performance also dropped last year basically across the board. That can kill a player's trade value.

Whenever we made the signing you dismissed the critics by saying that his deal was very movable with the new cap. Have you changed your tune?

The cap didn't rise nearly as much as was projected this offseason. It makes almost all of last year's signings awful across the NBA.

The cap didn't rise nearly as much as was projected this offseason. It makes almost all of last year's signings awful across the NBA.

The cap not rising hurt some, but let's get real we knew about 2 weeks into the season that was an awful singing that was gonna be extremely difficult to get out from under.

The cap not rising hurt some, but let's get real we knew about 2 weeks into the season that was an awful singing that was gonna be extremely difficult to get out from under.

Meh. To me, the Augustin deal was and is worse.

Meh. To me, the Augustin deal was and is worse.

DJ is bad, and it's inexcusable to give a career journeyman backup a 4 year deal--but 7.2 per compared to 17 mil per isn't comparable. We could work around DJ's contract, but the Biz deal is handcuffing the franchise.

• Upvote 1

Ian Mahimni is worse for a team like Washington because they have to let guys like Bogdanovic walk because they are buried in tax. Biz is overpaid certainly, but he isnt preventing us from doing anything at the moment.

I don't get why Speights is coming here. Just strange. I don't see the point.

He has a ring already. Maybe he just wants to chill and make free money.

He has a ring already. Maybe he just wants to chill and make free money.

I guess. I don't see the minutes for him really.

But he's good bench depth. Our bench is 100% better than last year. Which isn't saying a ton but it was overhauled with good value/fit players.

Speights reportedly on the verge of signing a deal with us. He did go to UF, so I'm sure he has family nearby, which could play a role. Just don't see why he agrees to come here unless we have a trade being made.

Payton/Mack/Augustin

Fournier/Simmons

Ross/Isaac/Hezonja

Gordon/Speights

Vucevic/Biyombo

Except in today's NBA I don't think Mo is a 4. Hezonja will never see the court with this rotation.