Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Wiggins was never taking less. He's arguably the best player in the NBA under 23. He was always getting every penny.

I don't see how he and AG are even spoken of in the same sentence. One guy could be a future MVP and the other is a fringe starter.

Hes not even arguably the best player in the league under 23 on his own team

right, but wiggins has all the tools to be a top defender. he just put too much energy into offense. With Butler as a role model I'd bet that changes significantly.

Wiggins is a better bet to add good defense vs Gordon adding 36% shooting and a couple moves off the dribble.

I mean first he has to just get to "not awful defense". It would be ok if he was like Harden who also scored super efficiently, distributed the ball, etc. but his scoring isn't that efficient and he really doesn't do anything but score.

How many players have gone from being horrible defensively to good defensively? Should it not be worrisome that he has all of the tools but that he doesn't use them? Are we really betting against a guy that has shown that he is willing to put in the work, even if we have not seen the dividends of it yet, for a guy that came into the league with "all of the tools" yet only seems to use some of them?

So far they have been fairly equivalent, with Wiggins having the edge in counting stats (read points) and "tools", and Gordon having the edge just about everywhere else. So why is it absurd for me to think Gordon is the better player? Yes, some of it is homerism, but I think I have an argument here.

Hes not even arguably the best player in the league under 23 on his own team

What does that even mean :o

What does that even mean :o/>

Karl Anthony Towns is better is what that means.

I wanted smith but his ROY odds would be terrible here.

The rookie of the year odds don't indicate the player Vegas thinks is best. It's the player that's in the best situation to put up numbers.