Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

@Marc J. Spears @MarcJSpearsESPN

Finally healthy, 6-11, shooting & playing very well in @thebig3, it wouldn't be a bad idea for an NBA team to give Rashard Lewis camp invite

BOOM! :shard:/>

there's our shooting 3rd-string PF and spot starter.

Not bad

@Marc J. Spears @MarcJSpearsESPN

Finally healthy, 6-11, shooting & playing very well in @thebig3, it wouldn't be a bad idea for an NBA team to give Rashard Lewis camp invite

BOOM! :shard:/>

there's our shooting 3rd-string PF and spot starter.

I like this idea, but I doubt Shard would want to come here; his last few years in the NBA were spent chasing championships. Look for him to try to sign a vet minimum with GSW or Cleveland.

Here's a wild idea - sign Chris Bosh to a minimum veteran contract. At worst you get an unofficial assistant coach to mentor Isaac, and possibly a practice partner for him. At best, he gets medical clearance, you use him as that 10-15 minute a game backup/emergency starter; and you screw Miami in the process, cause now his remaining salary counts against their cap!

Here's a wild idea - sign Chris Bosh to a minimum veteran contract. At worst you get an unofficial assistant coach to mentor Isaac, and possibly a practice partner for him. At best, he gets medical clearance, you use him as that 10-15 minute a game backup/emergency starter; and you screw Miami in the process, cause now his remaining salary counts against their cap!

That is not a bad idea. I think he can work with Isaac. Bosh is a very intellectual individual and well connected in the business.

Not sure about signing him as a player as he can occupy a roster spot that can be used on another useful player.

I don't think he makes us a playoff team. Even of we did get the 8th seed.. Why?

I will not be surprise if we even make the playoff we the team we have at the moment. That is how bad the east is.

DH will make our team defensively better. That is about it. But that will translate to several more wins. Not enough to say I want him here tho.

I rather have him over Biz and DJ if the opportunity presents but for other reasons. We can waive him(Not ideal) or play his contract. He will be an expiring contract next year and Will put us in a better position for the 2018 and 2019 free agency.

I dunno about your phone. Do you have cookies enabled?

It appears that I am the only one having this problem so it most be my iphone. I will try to figure it out. I will let you know.

That is not a bad idea. I think he can work with Isaac. Bosh is a very intellectual individual and well connected in the business.

Not sure about signing him as a player as he can occupy a roster spot that can be used on another useful player.

We aren't going to win a championship this year. With the new two-way contracts you have 17 player slots, and even if he never gets medical clearance to play, the contribution he could make to Isaac's (and Gordon"s?) development seems "useful" to me. Imagine if he does get clearance, you can work him into shape and hopefully have that 10-15 minute guy. I don't expect that he will ever be the all-star version of Chris Bosh again, he is getting older and hasn't played competitively for a while now; so I really think the bench guy is our highest hope; but I think I would be satisfied even with just his intellect/mentoring our young bigs.

he can't sign a contract without medical clearance.

Bosh has a particular issue that limits his ability to fly, not just his ability to play basketball. And it's not like he's got arthritic knees or something. It's life threatening. The NBA doesn't want a guy to die from a known issue and this opens themselves up to significant litigation from Bosh's family (as well as a PR nightmare).

so it's not like Amar'e where the knicks didn't care if he was cleared. He just had trash knees that couldn't be insured. Bosh could die from a concussion causing an uncontrollable brain bleed while he's on Xarelto or a DVT if he's not on the medication.

No.

Vuc and Monroe and valenciunas and okafor and enes kanter created a log jam.

Seems impossible to trade him.

I agree. Look at the current available free agent centers. They can even get a decent offer.

Pau Gasol, plumlee, Noel. To name a few. The only real center who has signed to a decent deal this years has been Dedmond at 7mil per 2 years.

It appears as Dallas has offered Noel a 10 mil per year deal which he has refused. I see him taking the qualify offer and try again as an unrestrictive free agent next year. I dont see anyone offer him more than 12-15 mil per year if that, for a 2-3 year tops.

I dont think Vuc or any other center is yet needed when this other centers are still available for cheap on a likely 1-2 year term.

he can't sign a contract without medical clearance.

Bosh has a particular issue that limits his ability to fly, not just his ability to play basketball. And it's not like he's got arthritic knees or something. It's life threatening. The NBA doesn't want a guy to die from a known issue and this opens themselves up to significant litigation from Bosh's family (as well as a PR nightmare).

so it's not like Amar'e where the knicks didn't care if he was cleared. He just had trash knees that couldn't be insured. Bosh could die from a concussion causing an uncontrollable brain bleed while he's on Xarelto or a DVT if he's not on the medication.

Thanks for the heads up; I thought he had already received medical clearance from his doctor, just not from the Miami team doctor. Too bad we can't do a contract with something like a "home-only" clause, where he could be based exclusively in Orlando until/unless he receives medical clearance from an NBA doctor. Oh well, it was just a thought.