Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Porter was elite until he massively regressed post trade deadline. Is he elite or was that some weird flourish similar to oladipo every year

My only point was, IMO, Porter and AG are gonna get similar deals and if you have a big issue with Porter's deal I don't know how you would be completely cool with AG's. Having said that, I agree we should try to lock him up soon and just roll the dice and hope he becomes a consistent player this year. If not, a team like BRK will throw some mega deal with weird kickers involved that will make things worse for us.

It's pretty dam sad we cant get linked to backup players like Evans. I hear Jeff green is still available. F ME.

I'm all for bringing the tank commander back.

My only point was, IMO, Porter and AG are gonna get similar deals and if you have a big issue with Porter's deal I don't know how you would be completely cool with AG's. Having said that, I agree we should try to lock him up soon and just roll the dice and hope he becomes a consistent player this year. If not, a team like BRK will throw some mega deal with weird kickers involved that will make things worse for us.

Because worst case scenario with porter is he regresses a bit and becomes a sf-pf ok team defender 12ppg 37% three point shooter. And you can find those guys growing on trees (except maybe 9.6ppg).

It's much harder to find 4s that can switch onto pgs

All I said was I don't see how people think the porter contract is insane when AG's contract is gonna be just as bad. I guess for those that still think AG is HOF bound it would. But realistically they're both role players that have limitations. Gordon can't shoot but is a better individual defender. Porter is an elite shooter and good team defender but more of a 3rd-4th option. Much like AG. Stats are similar.

And you got your answer...stop whining. I don't think Porter has shown enough consistency to be considered an "elite shooter" by any stretch either where AG has proven to be an elite defender, so there's that

And you got your answer...stop whining. I don't think Porter has shown enough consistency to be considered an "elite shooter" by any stretch either where AG has proven to be an elite defender, so there's that

Who are you? No one is whining. So there's that. I'm simply engaging in a debate, if my opinion frustrates you, you can go a head and block me.

Also, Gordon really hasn't proven anything. I'll give P4TW the point that he can switch on screens which is really nice but he's isn't some all NBA defender yet like your making it seem.

It's the same basic philosophy of why Enes Kanter's contract is bad while Tristan Thompson's is really good.

Idk that Thompson's is really good. Wouldn't the cavs trade him if they could? I don't think teams are lining up to take on Thompson.

Idk that Thompson's is really good. Wouldn't the cavs trade him if they could? I don't think teams are lining up to take on Thompson.

He was a huge part of their championship

He was a huge part of their championship

He was. But isn't he kind of in the same boat Biz is in? Good player when on a good team but if on just some .500 team he's really not that useful?