Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

Pistons Vs Magic

I called this moment weeks ago...a couple meaningless late season wins to "sell" the season tickets over the summer. Now that it happened I surely hope Philly jumps to #1 to see the "in Rob we trust" faithful go full melt down. I am having trouble thinking of a sports team which has been managed worse than this one. If it wasnt for three lucky ping pong balls Im not sure we ever put a quality team on the floor. We seem to be exceptional at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory e every chance we get. I cant wait to see what we have to give up to move our #5 pick up to #1 when Philly wins it. Of course it would be better to see Philly move the pick from #1 to #4 and pick up three unprotected firsts and still pick in front of us. Im not done with this team after 20 plus years but Im damn sure having problems figuring how I can like them. We suck top to bottom!

I called this moment weeks ago...a couple meaningless late season wins to "sell" the season tickets over the summer. Now that it happened I surely hope Philly jumps to #1 to see the "in Rob we trust" faithful go full melt down. I am having trouble thinking of a sports team which has been managed worse than this one. If it wasnt for three lucky ping pong balls Im not sure we ever put a quality team on the floor. We seem to be exceptional at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory e every chance we get. I cant wait to see what we have to give up to move our #5 pick up to #1 when Philly wins it. Of course it would be better to see Philly move the pick from #1 to #4 and pick up three unprotected firsts and still pick in front of us. Im not done with this team after 20 plus years but Im damn sure having problems figuring how I can like them. We suck top to bottom!

Yea I'm pullin for philly to get top pick too now. That way the posters now claiming this win isn't a big deal and means more for building a winning cutlfure can tell me how they truly feel.

Yea I'm pullin for philly to get top pick too now. That way the posters now claiming this win isn't a big deal and means more for building a winning cutlfure can tell me how they truly feel.

Really you and sac are cheering for Philly? U call yourselves fans right?

• Upvote 1

Don't blame rob for this one. It's all Vogel

Sure, why not? If philly gets the #1 I think it would be impossible to have our front office ever make this mistake again.

Yep, for the first time ever I'll let rob off the hook.

Vogel is a moron.

After 20 plus years of seeing an organization that just FLAT OUT doesnt have any common sense, desire or understanding of how to develop talent I would hope that at some point getting the short end of the stick because of bad decisions will eventually teach the Magic a lesson. It hasnt happened yet but at some point it may....and if getting hosed again finally wakes these dunces up and makes them aggressive builders of the Magic our short term loss will be a small price to pay. We are passive patsies and we always have been stumbling into our successes by stupid luck and never putting quality people in necessary positions. I will say this...as much as you may root for this team...they damn sure dont deserve it after the garbage they have fielded the last 5 years and they have at least 5 more "if" and that is a BIG GIGANTIC "IF" they ever turn it around.

This is a team effort....they should all be on the same page. Does there really need to be a memo sent to everyone saying "do not win this game or we will lose our draft spot". If that is the case we are even more stupid than I think we are....which is hard to imagine.

#Magic HC Frank Vogel: "It is hard to win right away with the one and done guys..."

Oh wow, that is a scary quote. Dear god we're gonna trade the pick of Vogel has any say.