Sign in to follow this  
RavenclawMagic

ORL @ IND Gamethread

I don't see his performance in garbage time changing anything. What could change his playing time are two possibilities:

1. We have a bad enough record, late enough in the season, that playoffs begin to look out of reach. At that point I could definitely see them giving Mario more PT to see what he might be able to do (if anything), since we wouldn't really be risking much, or

2. The other SG/SF are all playing so poorly that again, we have nothing to lose by putting Mario in there.

Short of those two scenarios, I doubt his status changes much. He'll still get in occasionally, during blowouts and in unusual situations, but that's about it.

eh, I think he might get those Watson minutes after last game

Then if he does well in that realm for a few games he'll get more regular minutes

Watson still getting the backup shooting guard minutes. Smh

At least for this game nothing changed.

If we go on a losing streak that makes playoffs a more remote possibility, I would imagine we see more of Mario.

Missed it -- why did we lose

Couldn't find a lineup that played on both ends of the court. It was a 20 point game but the end of the bench had some life at the end

At least for this game nothing changed.

If we go on a losing streak that makes playoffs a more remote possibility, I would imagine we see more of Mario.

It's about playing guys who give you the best opportunity to win now and more importantly in the future. Mario>Watson or green

Missed it -- why did we lose

We were beaten in just about every facet of the game. Basically we gave up our recent norm of about 120 again, and we shot poorly, 10/38 from 3. Down by 11 at halftime, it was never really close in the second half.

Mario, Onuaku, and Wilcox all +7 in 4 minutes. Using basic math, had we played all 3 the entire game, we would have won by 84 points.

This team gets blown out way too much. Inexcusable. If playoffs is the goal, something has to change soon

On the bright side, we're not losing those heartbreaking close ones :D

Mario, Onuaku, and Wilcox all +7 in 4 minutes. Using basic math, had we played all 3 the entire game, we would have won by 84 points.

Mario would have had 60 and 12 blocks