Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I GUESS WE CANT TRADE ANYONE BECAUSE WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY GET HURT OR NOBODY WANTS TO COME HERE OR VUCEVIC AND IBAKA ARE DRIVING TO THE MALL AND GET IN A CAR ACCIDENT AND THEN WE NEED TO PLAY JAY HERNANDEZ AT CENTER FOR 6 MONTHS SO LETS DO NOTHING FOREVER BECAUSE WE SHOULD CONSTANTLY NEGOTIATE FROM A POSITION OF FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't trade a double double big and a key contributor and your young PG who's showing signs of consistency this month for a constant injured SF's contract hoping you get another shot at an older Millsap and a late first rounder.

I also don't think you'll ever see Ibaka as our starting center. That might happen in limited minutes but the idea was to get a defensive frontcourt and develop Biz with a serviceable offense so he's not too much of a liability.

at some point we're going to need to take some chances or else this is our team. The next star player asking for a trade might be years away. Nobody is just going to hand us a great player.

Right but those chances have to be able to developed into a high reward and your dream has the potential to be very low reward given what history says.

History says that Jrue will get injured.

History says a late lotto pick might turn out be Steven Hunter.

It's not wise.

I GUESS WE CANT TRADE ANYONE BECAUSE WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY GET HURT OR NOBODY WANTS TO COME HERE OR VUCEVIC AND IBAKA ARE DRIVING TO THE MALL AND GET IN A CAR ACCIDENT AND THEN WE NEED TO PLAY JAY HERNANDEZ AT CENTER FOR 6 MONTHS SO LETS DO NOTHING FOREVER BECAUSE WE SHOULD CONSTANTLY NEGOTIATE FROM A POSITION OF FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not negotiating from a position of fear -- you're acting like Jrue's injuries are a fluke or something -- due cannot stay healthy at ALL. Huge red flag.

If it comes with their pick though, then I will take it. But I have a hard time believing that with the new CBA, teams are willing to give up their picks so easily.

You don't trade a double double big and a key contributor and your young PG who's showing signs of consistency this month for a constant injured SF's contract hoping you get another shot at an older Millsap and a late first rounder.

I also don't think you'll ever see Ibaka as our starting center. That might happen in limited minutes but the idea was to get a defensive frontcourt and develop Biz with a serviceable offense so he's not too much of a liability.

I just don't know if a double double really means anything. And I'm still waiting for the inconsistency again with Payton. he's only on a good 8 game stretch.

But if Payton spends the next 3 weeks being consistent and we cant trade vucevic and there aren't really any significant upgrades on Fournier and Gordon proves to be a good starting 3 and Ibaka continues to be our best player and biyombo fills a hustle bigman role then what do we do going forward? because "can we keep Meeks?" as the main plot of our summer is going to be pretty depressing.

This is not negotiating from a position of fear -- you're acting like Jrue's injuries are a fluke or something -- due cannot stay healthy at ALL. Huge red flag.

If it comes with their pick though, then I will take it. But I have a hard time believing that with the new CBA, teams are willing to give up their picks so easily.

Good point t on the pick. They're better off where they're at and hope the pick stays at 7-8. As good as AD is no one is knocking down their door to sign with them. Better off keeping that pick and get an solid young buck. It would make them more attractive to FA's.

I'm also on the Lavine train.

I still don't know if LaVine is appreciably better than Fournier

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&hint=Zach+LaVine&player_id1_select=Zach+LaVine&y1=2017&player_id1=lavinza01&hint=Evan+Fournier&player_id2_select=Evan+Fournier&y2=2017&player_id2=fournev01

remember when skiles played Fournier 40 minutes a game and he was putting up 21 ppg for that stretch early in the season?

I just don't know if a double double really means anything. And I'm still waiting for the inconsistency again with Payton. he's only on a good 8 game stretch.

But if Payton spends the next 3 weeks being consistent and we cant trade vucevic and there aren't really any significant upgrades on Fournier and Gordon proves to be a good starting 3 and Ibaka continues to be our best player and biyombo fills a hustle bigman role then what do we do going forward? because "can we keep Meeks?" as the main plot of our summer is going to be pretty depressing.

A double alone no but a double double with a big Who's defensive rating has improved, good passer and capable 3 point shooter at 26 is valuable.

My desire for a trade stems from the same logic as yours but the NO trade is historically bad for us.

Keep searching man.

I still don't know if LaVine is appreciably better than Fournier

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&hint=Zach+LaVine&player_id1_select=Zach+LaVine&y1=2017&player_id1=lavinza01&hint=Evan+Fournier&player_id2_select=Evan+Fournier&y2=2017&player_id2=fournev01

remember when skiles played Fournier 40 minutes a game and he was putting up 21 ppg for that stretch early in the season?

Yeah but at his age and with such athleticism, the improvement on defense is very likely. I also feel he'd be better at getting others involved, especially AG, who Fournier intentionally ignores. Lavine has some experience as a pg. I know, he's not a pg, but the potential to be better all around imo is greater than Fournier.

I don't know if Wolves trades him though. Most on the Wolves board rather give up on Wiggins before Lavine because of how Lavine has accepted Thibs philosophy. They rather give up neither but there's a collective opinion that it would take a future all star to get him.

Yeah but at his age and with such athleticism, the improvement on defense is very likely. I also feel he'd be better at getting others involved, especially AG, who Fournier intentionally ignores. Lavine has some experience as a pg. I know, he's not a pg, but the potential to be better all around imo is greater than Fournier.

I don't know if Wolves trades him though. Most on the Wolves board rather give up on Wiggins before Lavine because of how Lavine has accepted Thibs philosophy. They rather give up neither but there's a collective opinion that it would take a future all star to get him.

I mean Westbrook and Blake Griffin aren't good defenders

I mean Westbrook and Blake Griffin aren't good defenders

Right.

Think that's where having Biz/Ibaka/AG frontcourt makes it a bit easier to roll with Lavine as your SG and if you can get him to an average or slightly above defensively, you're set.

That's why OKC went with Adams.

That's why Blake has DJ next to him.

Right.

Think that's where having Biz/Ibaka/AG frontcourt makes it a bit easier to roll with Lavine as your SG and if you can get him to an average or slightly above defensively, you're set.

That's why OKC went with Adams.

That's why Blake has DJ next to him.

Yeah but if Thibs cant get him to play good D, how will we be able to?

Yeah but if Thibs cant get him to play good D, how will we be able to?

He has improve. It's not by leaps and bounds and he definitely has room to improve but he is 22. It doesn't help that there's no real defensive player on that team.