Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Whoa. Ibaka and Meeks? Please explain.

The Magic are not good.

2017-2018 Meeks is an UFA. He wont resign here next year. Trade him while he has value. He can definitely give a playoff team a boost in bench scoring, or insurance in case their 2 guard goes down.

2017-18 Ibaka is an UFA. Remember when Milsapp chose ATL over Orlando? Well, unless we win 50 games (impossible), Ibaka will do the same. Behind Butler, Serge is probably the best attainable trade option in the market. Good shooter, Good defender, rim protector, and has plenty of big game experience.

We have assets that are expiring. Get something for them now, and if you really think they want to be in Orlando, sign them again in the offseason.

Whoa. Ibaka and Meeks? Please explain.

Ibaka makes the most sense actually. 32 year old Millsap is put on the market and everyone is trying to land him. ATL is also wanting a first rounder.

Put an 27 year old Ibaka on the market and your phone will probably be ringing off the hook.

I understand Meeks but I'd rather move Evan"ball stopper"fournier. Ibaka u can build around I would want to keep him if possible.

who wants Evans contract? You're not getting much value in return?

You're not valuing the contracts properly.

ok...

Struggling 2 guard that everyone on this board believes is the the third best option on a decent team. He is in the 1st year of a near max deal. What are we going to get for him if traded? What playoff team looking to add a "piece" trades for that, and gives up anything to be excited for. I personally want to keep Fourier. But for those who want to get rid of him, I just don't see "winning" an Evan Trade.

ok...

Struggling 2 guard that everyone on this board believes is the the third best option on a decent team. He is in the 1st year of a near max deal. What are we going to get for him if traded? What playoff team looking to add a "piece" trades for that, and gives up anything to be excited for. I personally want to keep Fourier. But for those who want to get rid of him, I just don't see "winning" an Evan Trade.

He's nowhere near a near max deal. Why do you think every wing signed last summer makes around the same amount

I don't believe I ever typed that

No. You think nobody will want his contract. But he's making the amount for a solid starting wing.

Contracts only matter through the market so when you discuss one contract you're balancing it against the entirety of the league.

He's nowhere near a near max deal.

" With his rookie contract having expired, Fournier received a qualifying offer from the Magic earlier this week, making him a restricted free agent and giving the team the right of first refusal. Given the numbers we’ve seen on many of the early free agent agreements today, it seems possible that Fournier could’ve found a maximum-salary offer sheet – which would have been worth closer to $95MM over four years – from another team. Instead, he’ll take slightly less than that to remain with the Magic on a five-year pact." - hoops rumors last summer.

That sounds like near max