Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

the point isn't these guys are terrible players.

The point is that these guys are flawed players that you don't invest too much in.

Fournier is fine for what he is which is a complimentary shooter.

Lavine is fine for what he is which is a gap scorer, the walmart brand version of James Harden. Maybe a 6th man. Maybe fine doing exactly what Fournier does.

And sure, he's 21 and sure that's nothing in the grand scheme of things but at the end of next season you're going to have to determine if he's potentially worth 4 years and 110 million. How many questions will he have answered by then?

The point is that these guys are flawed players that you don't invest too much in.

Lavine is fine for what he is which is a gap scorer, the walmart brand version of James Harden. Maybe a 6th man. Maybe fine doing exactly what Fournier does.

And sure, he's 21 and sure that's nothing in the grand scheme of things but at the end of next season you're going to have to determine if he's potentially worth 4 years and 110 million. How many questions will he have answered by then?

The +/- stats with Fournier on and off the court is really interesting considering he's the only real shooting guard currently getting playing time.

The +/- stats with Fournier on and off the court is really interesting considering he's the only real shooting guard currently getting playing time.

lineups that have Watson at SG are really effective for whatever reason.

I guess he just plays good defense and doesn't take too many shots to screw things up on offense.

lineups that have Watson at SG are really effective for whatever reason.

I guess he just plays good defense and doesn't take too many shots to screw things up on offense.

I have a feeling that lineups with Meeks might be some of our most efficient for that same reason.

depends entirely on his defense.

Of course. I'm hopeful that the positive impact he'll have on offense will result in an overall net improvement, even if he's not our best perimeter defender. I trust Vogel to make things work on the defensive end with him in there. And as we know, increased efficiency on offense directly effects success at the defensive end.

I don't think he's going to turn us into a contender by any means, but I'm optimistic about the effect he'll have. But I've been disappointed before.

I hear what you are saying but I'm suggesting our gm and coach see something you don't see in Fournier. Additionally, I'd gladly take a flier on Lavine for Ibaka and give it a year and a half. While Ibaka is balling now, I don't want to sign him to a huge contract this summer. With Lavine, I'd run:

PG: Payton

SG: Lavine

SF: Fournier

PF: Gordon

C: Biz

Lavine is fournier if Evan played above the rim and more athletic. I would take him and hope Vogel can get him to play acceptable d. In my mind he has more potential than anybody on our team. Because his stroke is miles above Gordon's.

Lavine is fournier if Evan played above the rim and more athletic. I would take him and hope Vogel can get him to play acceptable d. In my mind he has more potential than anybody on our team. Because his stroke is miles above Gordon's.

You've got to think that his athleticism gives him more potential on the defensive end than Evan. I'd definitely do a swap of Ibaka for Lavine and see what Vogel can get out of him. If he shows commitment to being an all around player then resign him, if not, let him go. With Evan, we already know what we have. We're at the point where we'll need to take some chances and hope that our recent luck turns around.

Serious question: what are the floors and ceilings of Lavine and Wiggins? The Wolves are really struggling and look like they have to make a move.

Serious question: what are the floors and ceilings of Lavine and Wiggins? The Wolves are really struggling and look like they have to make a move.

Lavine's ceiling is all star.

Lavine's floor is Marcus Thornton.

Wiggins ceiling is all star

Wiggins floor is rudy gay.

There's no way in hell they trade Wiggins. For anything less than a top 10 nba player.

Lavine's ceiling is all star.

Lavine's floor is Marcus Thornton.

Wiggins ceiling is all star

Wiggins floor is rudy gay.

There's no way in hell they trade Wiggins. For anything less than a top 10 nba player.

Crazy thing is Wiggins doesn't look that good. Nor are his numbers that good.