Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

You stated that learning new offense/defense doesn't matter. Then you got called out. Then you made the discussion about effort...

What's there to "learn"? I think I explained that bit. If you really think Hezonja and Payton aren't playing well because they are learning the offense then I just have to disagree. These guys are pros they don't forget to shoot and make plays; they either can or can't. I'm just tired of the excuses we keep giving for these guys. This whole organic process has been a complete waste of time. I'd love to understand the organic process of playing the #2 pick for three years straight then trading him for a vet. Or trading the best player received from Dwight Howard for spare parts. Where is the "organic growth?"

What's there to "learn"? I think I explained that bit. If you really think Hezonja and Payton aren't playing well because they are learning the offense then I just have to disagree. These guys are pros they don't forget to shoot and make plays; they either can or can't. I'm just tired of the excuses we keep giving for these guys. This whole organic process has been a complete waste of time. I'd love to understand the organic process of playing the #2 pick for three years straight then trading him for a vet. Or trading the best player received from Dwight Howard trade for spare parts.

Yeah I have to agree about blaming the learning curve. Learning a system is not gonna fix Payton's poor effort tonight on O and D. It's not to blame for Hezonja poor shot selection and even his inability to hit open shots.

There are rookies and first timers learning new systems on their respective teams that are killing us right now.

What's there to "learn"? I think I explained that bit. If you really think Hezonja and Payton aren't playing well because they are learning the offense then I just have to disagree. These guys are pros they don't forget to shoot and make plays; they either can or can't. I'm just tired of the excuses we keep giving for these guys. This whole organic process has been a complete waste of time. I'd love to understand the organic process of playing the #2 pick for three years straight then trading him for a vet. Or trading the best player received from Dwight Howard trade for spare parts.

What are you having trouble understanding? Building a team requires shuffling assets.

Payton missing shots is Payton missing shots because we have no evidence to suggest he'll make those open shots.

Hezonja missing contested shots is due to learning the offense. Passes get there a half second slower than they will in the future.

This game could be the canary in the coal mine or it shows absolutely nothing and we'll forget about it. But we're coming off a game where the starters looked amazing so There's equal evidence of both.

• Upvote 1

What are you having trouble understanding? Building a team requires shuffling assets.

Payton missing shots is Payton missing shots because we have no evidence to suggest he'll make those open shots.

Hezonja missing contested shots is due to learning the offense. Passes get there a half second slower than they will in the future.

This game could be the canary in the coal mine or it shows absolutely nothing and we'll forget about it. But we're coming off a game where the starters looked amazing so There's equal evidence of both.

Wow....I sure as heck hope so....this was awful.......Only Serge showed up to play tonight!

Wow....I sure as heck hope so....this was awful.......Only Serge showed up to play tonight!

Don't underestimate the effect of Miami nightlife on this game.

Yeah I have to agree about blaming the learning curve. Learning a system is not gonna fix Payton's poor effort tonight on O and D. It's not to blame for Hezonja poor shot selection and even his inability to hit open shots.

There are rookies and first timers learning new systems on their respective teams that are killing us right now.

Thank you! All magicman28 could muster up was a childish remark, which somehow equated to being "called out."

It's been FIVE years post-Dwight and we're just as far apart as ever from this team making a run. I remember just two years ago EVERYONE on this forum saying "trust the process, in two or three years we will be playoff bound." Well, we are here now and save for the most optimistic fans, the general consensus is we are nowhere close to a lock to making the playoffs. Can the team make the playoffs sure. But a LOT of things have to fall in place, aside from good luck.

• Upvote 1

Thank you! All magicman28 could muster up was a childish remark, which somehow equated to being "called out."

It's been FIVE years post-Dwight and we're just as far apart as ever from this team making a run. I remember just two years ago EVERYONE on this forum saying "trust the process, in two or three years we will be playoff bound." Well, we are here now and save for the most optimistic fans, the general consensus is we are nowhere close to a lock to making the playoffs. Can the team make the playoffs sure. But a LOT of things have to fall in place, aside from good luck.

Welcome to life in the nba without a top 5 player.

Don't underestimate the effect of Miami nightlife on this game.

Gotta give you an "A" for creativity in the excuse department.