Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Ideally you get another combo forward to pair him with. There's been some noise lately about DeMarre Carroll. I don't know where the source is but it'd make sense from a pure "put Gordon in the best situation" plan.

You want a consistent rotation. You want to play into Gordon's versatility. You definitely want him capable of defending 3s but you also want the ability to match him up on the slower footed 4s when you get that opportunity. So you move vucevic for a 3/4

Where are you hearing about Carroll?

Someone said something about Carroll on twitter. I wasn't interested enough to dive into it.

Gotcha. I think our best hope is for Toronto or Boston to continue their little losing streaks.

I live in Miami so I went to the game vs gsw last night and it was amazing. But what I noticed the most was the staggering difference in culture -- the heat, with barely any talent, played hard the entire game. They didn't cave or fold -- sure, they may not have the talent to win a lot of games but those guys don't give up. I even went to the game where they beat Houston last week.

The difference in attitude between our team and theirs is crazy. And it's kind of shameful.

Makes me jealous in a way --even though they suck their actually fun to watch because of this. I can't wait till we dismantle this team to be honest.

I live in Miami so I went to the game vs gsw last night and it was amazing. But what I noticed the most was the staggering difference in culture -- the heat, with barely any talent, played hard the entire game. They didn't cave or fold -- sure, they may not have the talent to win a lot of games but those guys don't give up. I even went to the game where they beat Houston last week.

The difference in attitude between our team and theirs is crazy. And it's kind of shameful.

Makes me jealous in a way --even though they suck their actually fun to watch because of this. I can't wait till we dismantle this team to be honest.

Has something to do with the lifestyle differences and population in Miami and Orlando.

The Heat have won 4 straight and they're not too far from us anymore. The Sixers are also headed up.

I'm seriously rooting for losses now.

Give Mario the car keys at the 3 spot, move Gordon to the 4 and let the losses stack up

I would say that effort has a lot to do with coaching. You reward effort by playing time. Guys see other guys not trying and not getting yanked for it. It starts with this and it's a cancer that spreads.

I don't think that's necessarily a result of coaching.

we have 5 veteran players

green, meeks, augustin, Ibaka, Vucevic.

2 are guys who don't always try. Green and Vucevic

2 are guys who are just bad defenders. Meeks and Augustin

then you have Ibaka.

I think we just ended up in a situation where we developed the habits of our Vets.

I don't think that's necessarily a result of coaching.

we have 5 veteran players

green, meeks, augustin, Ibaka, Vucevic.

2 are guys who don't always try. Green and Vucevic

2 are guys who are just bad defenders. Meeks and Augustin

then you have Ibaka.

I think we just ended up in a situation where we developed the habits of our Vets.

Which is ironic because robs whole MO was to bring in hard working players to change the culture of the team. Guy doesn't know what he's doing.

Which is ironic because robs whole MO was to bring in hard working players to change the culture of the team. Guy doesn't know what he's doing.

Who would've you brought in though?

I mean the reason we are where we are is because we have no star. We were never in a spot to grab one. Well once but Cleveland came in and took that opportunity.

Agree. At least the last couple of years we had young pups fighting for PT. I wish we hadn't abandoned the rebuild over the last 12 months.