Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Yeah stats show AG is a much better defender at the 3 than the 4.

AG has a really tough time guarding people his size or bigger I've noticed.

Cant judge a guy based on Durant owning him

Durant did not even own him..

Durant had 15 10 and 6 or something.

When was the last time Durant scored less than 18-20?

KD length bothered AG...KD is a top 3 player in the world.

I will live with that. Well said bro

You'd start Payton/Carroll/AG? I wouldn't touch Carroll.

I think that'd be a disaster offensively.

Think you need a combo GUARD to put between EP and AG

Agreed, Carroll or any other combo/tweener forward would be a disaster. We either need length at the other forward or a guard with size that can score/defend.

You'd start Payton/Carroll/AG? I wouldn't touch Carroll.

I think that'd be a disaster offensively.

Think you need a combo GUARD to put between EP and AG

no. you'd start ep-fournier-carroll-gordon-whoever is left after the trade. or what if you did ep-powell-carroll-gordon-vucevic

but that's why I worded it the way I did. I don't like his salary and the trade would be weird. But if you're looking at a piece to add and dump Ibaka you go for a Carroll or Crowder or marcus morris or Aminu or whatever. Someone who can play both forward spots so you can be more creative with matchups with Gordon.

Durant did not even own him..

Durant had 15 10 and 6 or something.

When was the last time Durant scored less than 18-20?

KD length bothered AG...KD is a top 3 player in the world.

I will live with that. Well said bro

I agree with this, but in the same light you can't exactly give AG credit for the other players someone said he 'shut down' a few posts ago also like Giannis. The guy had 17/14/5. Hell between him an Parker you were looking at 42 points 20 rebounds and 11 assists. Size gives AG problems.

no. you'd start ep-fournier-carroll-gordon-whoever is left after the trade. or what if you did ep-powell-carroll-gordon-vucevic

but that's why I worded it the way I did. I don't like his salary and the trade would be weird. But if you're looking at a piece to add and dump Ibaka you go for a Carroll or Crowder or marcus morris or Aminu or whatever. Someone who can play both forward spots so you can be more creative with matchups with Gordon.

I don't think that is a winning look at all.

AG has a really tough time guarding people his size or bigger I've noticed.

I think it depends on how they use that size or how much bigger.

Like I don't think he'd have trouble defending Bosh and he actually did a really good job defending Zach Randolph and Draymond Green last year. And he can defend Kevin Love fine.

but I don't want him defending Derrick Favors, Porzingis, Millsap, Julius Randle, Cousins when he plays 4.

But I think we'd be ok with him defending Anthony Davis.

I agree with this, but in the same light you can't exactly give AG credit for the other players someone said he 'shut down' a few posts ago also like Giannis. The guy had 17/14/5. Hell between him an Parker you were looking at 42 points 20 rebounds and 11 assists. Size gives AG problems.

Giannis had 17 points on 38% shooting, 4 turnovers, and fouled out of the game.

Giannis had 17 points on 38% shooting, 4 turnovers, and fouled out of the game.

And? We won the game because of stopping their backcourt/guard play from contributing and exposing their lack of depth at those positions. Giannis and Parker kept them in the game outside of a bad 3rd quarter and despite it being one of AG's better games, each thoroughly outplayed AG despite not shooting awesome. I saw little resistance in Giannis' game, his shot just wasn't falling that night-he still beasted.

And? We won the game because of stopping their backcourt/guard play from contributing and exposing their lack of depth at those positions. Giannis and Parker kept them in the game outside of a bad 3rd quarter and each thoroughly outplayed AG despite not shooting awesome. I saw little resistance in Giannis' game, his shot just wasn't falling that night-he still beasted.

I was wrong. he shot 35%, not 38%.

we won the game because we held them to a low field goal percentage.

if you think scoring 17 points on 17 shots, 4 turnovers, and 6 fouls is beasting because the dude had 12 uncontested defensive rebounds while his team was massively outrebounded throughout the game it just goes to show you don't really understand what you're watching.