Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

That has to be a reflection of who he is playing with, where he's shooting from, and how he is getting those shots. Simply coming off the bench cannot make you a better player. That research is way too deep for me but it would be interesting to see a breakdown of Payton's offense as a starter and coming of the bench.

Might be him going at backups then getting confidence

Might be him going at backups then getting confidence

Maybe it has added that chip to his shoulder that he was lacking before.

Probably not, but maybe.

Maybe it has added that chip to his shoulder that he was lacking before.

Probably not, but maybe.

Who knows. Maybe it's something to do with astrology. We're all just throwing stuff against the wall.

Who knows. Maybe it's something to do with astrology. We're all just throwing stuff against the wall.

Yep. He is undeniably playing better though, on both sides. I will take that no matter what the reason.

Also, Gordon is about on schedule for getting more comfortable at small forward. I believe I predicted it would take him 20 games or so to figure things out and that he would struggle. Didn't think he would struggle so much or that it would have taken quite that long, but these two 30+ point games are hopefully positive signs for the future, not blips in an otherwise disappointing season.

Yep. He is undeniably playing better though, on both sides. I will take that no matter what the reason.

Also, Gordon is about on schedule for getting more comfortable at small forward. I believe I predicted it would take him 20 games or so to figure things out and that he would struggle. Didn't think he would struggle so much or that it would have taken quite that long, but these two 30+ point games are hopefully positive signs for the future, not blips in an otherwise disappointing season.

Some of those shots Gordon hit might've been a little flukey. I hope that isn't the case

Some of those shots Gordon hit might've been a little flukey. I hope that isn't the case

You mean he's not going to hit buzzer beating 30 footers regularly?

Well ****

That is why I am hoping it isn't a blip

Yeah but how he got most of them off was equally impressive. He had a crossover step back that was two thumbs up.

You mean he's not going to hit buzzer beating 30 footers regularly?

Well ****

I mean, that's the only one I would consider a fluke shot. Sure, he's not gonna shoot 11 for 15 every night, but his form looked good, he created his own shots pretty impressively, and he shot it with extreme confidence.

I mean, that's the only one I would consider a fluke shot. Sure, he's not gonna shoot 11 for 15 every night, but his form looked good, he created his own shots pretty impressively, and he shot it with extreme confidence.

Yeah. I'm relatively optimistic he can get that corner three, the ft line pull up, and basically everything he did in the first half pretty regularly. The pull up threes are going to be far and few between

But really, this is the benefit of playing him at the 3. He's got a lot of potential as a big wing.

The cost is probably a handful of losses we otherwise wouldn't have with a capable sf.

If he puts it together it'll be worth it.