Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Vucevic

Isn't

That

Good

Right, he isn't good enough to trade for let's say DMC, but Rudy gay? Come on now. That guy is worth my shoe. We should be able to get him for way way less than Vuc.

Right, he isn't good enough to trade for let's say DMC, but Rudy gay? Come on now. That guy is worth my shoe. We should be able to get him for way way less than Vuc.

No. Vucevic is basically the center version of Rudy Gay

Vucevic

Isn't

That

Good

I mean really P4W, did Vuc sleep with your girl.... please provide your facts for the above... or is that just your personal opinion?

No. Vucevic is basically the center version of Rudy Gay

You've lost it. Too much spiked egg nog.

Read what you just wrote. Let's trade Vuch for a SF (which isn't true since Vuch actually has improved defensively) version.

I mean really P4W, did Vuc sleep with your girl.... please provide your facts for the above... or is that just your personal opinion?

After a weird jump to pretty solid defense he's already regressed back to bad. Let's say he's just below average.

His offense has always been overrated because, despite solid footwork in the post, he doesn't hit enough of those shots to be above average. Most post players supplement that with trips to the free throw line but Vucevic doesn't draw fouls.

Vucevic is an elite mid range shooter. And while that's OK for low volume attempts you really don't want to shoot those at a high volume because a 45% midrange shot would result in 90 points over 100 attempts. If you convert that to a three point shooter a guy who shoots 30.1% is more effective.

So basically if Vucevic is an ok offensive player and a below average defensive player what exactly is he?

You've lost it. Too much spiked egg nog.

Read what you just wrote. Let's trade Vuch for a SF (which isn't true since Vuch actually has improved defensively) version.

His defense has regressed over the past 10 games.

His defense has regressed over the past 10 games.

Maybe but Gay never had it. At least you have seen Vuch improve.

I'm all for trading Vuch but to trade him straight up for a 30 year old SF who NEVER played defense and is going to opt out is not the right direction.

I know we're not getting DMC caliber player but we can do better than Gay.

After a weird jump to pretty solid defense he's already regressed back to bad. Let's say he's just below average.

His offense has always been overrated because, despite solid footwork in the post, he doesn't hit enough of those shots to be above average. Most post players supplement that with trips to the free throw line but Vucevic doesn't draw fouls.

Vucevic is an elite mid range shooter. And while that's OK for low volume attempts you really don't want to shoot those at a high volume because a 45% midrange shot would result in 90 points over 100 attempts. If you convert that to a three point shooter a guy who shoots 30.1% is more effective.

So basically if Vucevic is an ok offensive player and a below average defensive player what exactly is he?

Okay that's way better than that blanket statement. But let me ask you this, if you were the GM.... is there no other move that can be done with Vuc, besides trading for gay?

I think we'll see a 3 team deal.

I think this is one of those times where it'll be easier to piece things together and give all sides what they want. Nothing straight up makes sense or moves the needle.