Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

O'Quinn is OK but Dedmon basically does the same things Biyombo does for a fraction of the cost. Dedmon plays well off the bench in the limited minutes he gets. The hustle plays, put backs, blocks, good D, etc. I think Biyombo is better but not at 6x the salary.

No he does not. You guys have really bad short memory spans. Dedmon was always in foul trouble and could barely stay in the court. Biyombo can play a ton of minutes and be effective.

I mean sometimes it's appropriate to take fraction of production/ fraction of cost guys. But at some point you have to invest in brand names or it leads to fractions of wins.

Sure, if you compare Dedmon and Biyombo per 36 numbers they look very similar. But Dedmon also averages 7 fouls per 36.

It's easy to put up attractive looking numbers in 10 mpg when you can play with reckless abandon. But you can't play that way in big minutes

Payton-Fournier-green-Ibaka-vucevic have an offensive rating of 86.9 and a defensive rating of 82.9 this year

Payton-Fournier-Gordon-Ibaka-Biyombo has an offensive rating of 103.1 and a defensive rating of 81.9

Payton-Fournier-green-Ibaka-vucevic have an offensive rating of 86.9 and a defensive rating of 82.9 this year

Payton-Fournier-Gordon-Ibaka-Biyombo has an offensive rating of 103.1 and a defensive rating of 81.9

If we're adamant about AG as an 3, the latter should be our SL. I don't know why Vogel won't start this group together.

I'd like to see that lineup with Mario instead of AG.

If we're adamant about AG as an 3, the latter should be our SL. I don't know why Vogel won't start this group together.

I'd like to see that lineup with Mario instead of AG.

The shooting would be horrible with Payton, AG and Biyombo in there

Ibaka is currently 7th in the league in three point shooting. he's 18 for 38 which is 47.4%

for comparison, Joe Johnson is 19 for 42. Ibaka is also in the similar volume realm as Terrence Ross, John Wall, Courtney lee. But far away from the volume of the Kemba Walker, JJ, Ryan Anderson realm who have makes in the mid 30s

The shooting would be horrible with Payton, AG and Biyombo in there

Which is why I want Mario but lord knows when he'll get back in there but the key here is not let Fournier and AG dominate the ball.

The defense would create offense and pick and rolls in the half court would have to be used more. Payton would have to stay aggressive and penetrate the paint for it to work. We would need Mr Hyde not Dr Jekyll.

you know what sucks about Vucevic?

He's been pretty solid on defense this year when he actually goes back to defend instead of complaining to the refs.

It's his offense that's killing us. 6.7ppg on 26% shooting and 50% free throws in the last 6