Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Thanks for posting that. It's great background knowledge. I'm just even more puzzled now if the team had spent all this time with a plan and coming empty handed. Everything has a price and there's always a move to make; These are young adults with developing brains/bodies being drafted and that will always be a factor. I wouldn't have batted an eye if Rob gave up multiple picks and players especially after reading that

Think about it. If it was reverse would you have traded Porzingis for Dipo, Payton, and the 5th pick? Would you be ok if we had landed Porzingis and Rob made that move? Probably not so why would Phil?

Think about it. If it was reverse would you have traded Porzingis for Dipo, Payton, and the 5th pick? Would you be ok if we had landed Porzingis and Rob made that move? Probably not so why would Phil?

In hindsight obviously not.

But at draft night??? I'm looking at an all rookie PG with some issues, an athletic guard with great defense, the #5 pick, and a future pick for a guy who hasn't even stepped on the court? And if I can dump a bad contract in the process (not sure they had any) or get an additional 2nd rounder, then yes I think that merits some discussion.

IIRC they were trotting out Jose Calderon out there last year and Afflalo was on last year of his deal. I would have to consider that move because I'm getting two instant starters.

we would have had a heart attack on the message board.

Porzingis is a great individual piece but it's not like he's towns. you don't throw everything at him to get him. But what the hell do I know, I can pinpoint a specific time where I thought Harkless was a much better prospect than Kawhi Leonard.

I go back and forth on Payton. There's still that 16 game stretch at the end of his rookie year where he averaged 14.2 8.9 6.4 with 2 steals on 47/39/62 shooting maybe Vogel can get him back to that.

In hindsight obviously not.

But at draft night??? I'm looking at an all rookie PG with some issues, an athletic guard with great defense, the #5 pick, and a future pick for a guy who hasn't even stepped on the court? And if I can dump a bad contract in the process (not sure they had any) or get an additional 2nd rounder, then yes I think that merits some discussion.

IIRC they were trotting out Jose Calderon out there last year and Afflalo was on last year of his deal. I would have to consider that move because I'm getting two instant starters.

Consider it? Sure but I wouldn't of done it. When I saw footage of him, I was praying for him to be there at 5.

we would have had a heart attack on the message board.

Porzingis is a great individual piece but it's not like he's towns. you don't throw everything at him to get him. But what the hell do I know, I can pinpoint a specific time where I thought Harkless was a much better prospect than Kawhi Leonard.

I would've been for it and I was a big rooter for Dipo.

I just think Porzingis is that once in a decade type of player.

I go back and forth on Payton. There's still that 16 game stretch at the end of his rookie year where he averaged 14.2 8.9 6.4 with 2 steals on 47/39/62 shooting maybe Vogel can get him back to that.

Last game of preseason he shot the ball well.

I remember that stretch too. He was playing better than anyone on the team and looked to be the most likely to hit all star status.

OK we agree on something! Def think Porzingis is that kind of player too. KAT was such a consensus number 1 but Porzingis had just enough "issues" that maybe you could reach and pull something.

You over value. Porzingis. Seriously. He is not lebron kd Westbrook duncan. Please slow your roll. And saric is not good. 3 pt line is shorter in Europe

You over value. Porzingis. Seriously. He is not lebron kd Westbrook duncan. Please slow your roll. And saric is not good. 3 pt line is shorter in Europe

Saric is good. You watched 4 Croatia games

The Knicks were 17-65. Once in a decade players translate to wins. At least to me they do.

The Knicks were 17-65. Once in a decade players translate to wins. At least to me they do.

Then you must think KAT isn't one either. Twolves were horrible last season too