Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Nah, 1 is out of the question. They won 9 games so far this year. They aren't winning 9 more than us the rest of the year

Just need to get top 3 lottery chances and 1 is in play.

I almost prefer we don't draft lonzo ball so that we don't have to deal with the "ball and Payton are big. They can play together because both can defend twos. No Payton doesn't defend anyone consistently and you're limiting both by taking the ball out of their hands" argument for longer than we have to.

I mean i think if we draft a point guard we're going to go through the "start both to see if it works but we're really waiting for a solid Payton deal" time frame but Payton ball might prolong the inevitable too far into the season.

I almost prefer we don't draft lonzo ball so that we don't have to deal with the "ball and Payton are big. They can play together because both can defend twos. No Payton doesn't defend anyone consistently and you're limiting both by taking the ball out of their hands" argument for longer than we have to.

I mean i think if we draft a point guard we're going to go through the "start both to see if it works but we're really waiting for a solid Payton deal" time frame but Payton ball might prolong the inevitable too far into the season.

I'm not as big on Ball. Maybe he ends up being the best of the bunch, but I'd much rather have Fultz or Smith on this team.

We'll see what happens at the deadline--but if Payton can have a good second half of the year and we do indeed get a top 3-5 pick, Josh Jackson is going to be very interesting.

It would allow us to move AG back to the 4.

Payton/Fournier/Jackson/AG/whoever

I'm not sold on Payton by any stretch but I think the second half of the season will be telling.

I'm not as big on Ball. Maybe he ends up being the best of the bunch, but I'd much rather have Fultz or Smith on this team.

We'll see what happens at the deadline--but if Payton can have a good second half of the year and we do indeed get a top 3-5 pick, Josh Jackson is going to be very interesting.

It would allow us to move AG back to the 4.

Payton/Fournier/Jackson/AG/whoever

I'm not sold on Payton by any stretch but I think the second half of the season will be telling.

Jackson couldn't pick a worse situation than ending up playing next to Payton and Gordon.

Gordon is a better wing defender than Jackson but Jackson doesn't have the build to slide up. Jackson can't shoot. Jackson is a guy you want running a pick and roll trying to get to the rim so you'd be playing Payton off ball a lot.

Jackson is like a B- version of Lebron which sounds like a great compliment but Lebron is Lebron because he's got a+ body with a+ athleticism and a+ passing and a+ ball handling and a+ at getting to the rim. Jackson is b- at all of that.

I was reading an article today that said something like Jackson would be the number one pick if this was 10 years ago because he really looks like an nba player and can get to the rim. But in today's nba with the way defenses have figured out how to force pick and rolls into mid range jumpers you need a more diverse offensive skill set.

Now, you tell me we have the fifth pick and we'd rather roll the dice on Jackson's ceiling over isaac's skill set that's completely understandable. I'd be really happy with him because he does have a lot to offer.

But those three point guards plus monk are giving you the ceiling plus a skill set that works on any team.

Jackson couldn't pick a worse situation than ending up playing next to Payton and Gordon.

Gordon is a better wing defender than Jackson but Jackson doesn't have the build to slide up. Jackson can't shoot. Jackson is a guy you want running a pick and roll trying to get to the rim so you'd be playing Payton off ball a lot.

Jackson is like a B- version of Lebron which sounds like a great compliment but Lebron is Lebron because he's got a+ body with a+ athleticism and a+ passing and a+ ball handling and a+ at getting to the rim. Jackson is b- at all of that.

I was reading an article today that said something like Jackson would be the number one pick if this was 10 years ago because he really looks like an nba player and can get to the rim. But in today's nba with the way defenses have figured out how to force pick and rolls into mid range jumpers you need a more diverse offensive skill set.

Now, you tell me we have the fifth pick and we'd rather roll the dice on Jackson's ceiling over isaac's skill set that's completely understandable. I'd be really happy with him because he does have a lot to offer.

But those three point guards plus monk are giving you the ceiling plus a skill set that works on any team.

True. I like Jackson more than most probably. He seems like a guy that will work hard and actually develop on some of those weaknesses you mentioned.

My main point was really that if Payton has a good second half of the year, Jackson/Monk/Issiac/Tatum could get looks.

I really don't care. If we get a top 7 pick, we should get a damn good player. I would love top 5 and be estatic top 3. I really don't think you can make a "bad" pick there.

True. I like Jackson more than most probably. He seems like a guy that will work hard and actually develop on some of those weaknesses you mentioned.

My main point was really that if Payton has a good second half of the year, Jackson/Monk/Issiac/Tatum could get looks.

I really don't care. If we get a top 7 pick, we should get a damn good player. I would love top 5 and be estatic top 3. I really don't think you can make a "bad" pick there.

I think Tatum would be disappointing. He feels like Michael kidd-Gilchrist. Which is fine but doesn't really feel worth it.

Like we wouldn't be sitting here next year saying "oh my god last year sucked but at least it got us jason tatum".

Same with Fox. We'd be fine just keeping Payton at that point.

I think Tatum would be disappointing. He feels like Michael kidd-Gilchrist. Which is fine but doesn't really feel worth it.

Like we wouldn't be sitting here next year saying "oh my god last year sucked but at least it got us jason tatum".

Same with Fox. We'd be fine just keeping Payton at that point.

Tatum is a lot more polished offensively than MKG was at UK. I can't think of a good comp for him. I like him but don't love him. I also don't see him as a future star, either.

As you know, I love Fox, as he's "good" Payton. It'll be interesting to see how Payton finishes the year. While Fox is a really good prospect to me, I can see how Monk is built for today's NBA in the Lillard and McCollum mold.