Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I am not trying to get where one specific guy is going to fall, though I would say getting a guy that likely falls at a 6 on the scale at worst is very good. Obviously, it is hard to see where exactly guys fall on the scale until they have a couple of years in the league. Even guys like Gordon can be hard to pin down exactly. I could see Gordon as going as high as 8 if everything breaks just right, but he might end up a 6 if things don't.

My question was more where does it currently look like the strength of this draft class is? Is there a can't miss player who grades out at an 8 at the very least? Is it more likely that there are a bunch of really good players AKA multi-time allstars, but with no game changer? Or is it one of those drafts where there might be one or two good players and the rest end up just being decent starters at their peak?

ok so Fultz is the only guy I'm extremely confident he's going to be an 8. then there's 4 guys that are very likely 7s. Then there's a few guys that are kinda spread over the map. Like Fox is like 25% 7, 35% 3, 10% 4, 10% 5, 10% 8, 5% 6, 5% 2. Isaac is most likely a 6 with 7 or 8 upside but very unlikely he's lower than a 4.

ok so Fultz is the only guy I'm extremely confident he's going to be an 8. then there's 4 guys that are very likely 7s. Then there's a few guys that are kinda spread over the map. Like Fox is like 25% 7, 35% 3, 10% 4, 10% 5, 10% 8, 5% 6, 5% 2. Isaac is most likely a 6 with 7 or 8 upside but very unlikely he's lower than a 4.

Very hard to predict. No one thought Jordan was going to be Jordan. Or Kobe for that matter. You've got to be lucky. Or clairvoyant. I believe that mentality is under rated.

Very hard to predict. No one thought Jordan was going to be Jordan. Or Kobe for that matter. You've got to be lucky. Or clairvoyant. I believe that mentality is under rated.

eh, it's not that hard for many guys. Nobody thought Jordan would be Jordan but they did think he'd be Clyde Drexler. The first few picks are easy. its those 5, 6, 7, 8 picks that are tough.

so in this draft Fultz is going to be good. there's virtually no chance he shows up and pulls a mudiay. Assuming no injuries/drug problems/character issues he's at least going to be a solid starter.

Looking through the drafts, this might be the best amount of talent then since the 2011 draft, with Irving, Walker, Klay Thompson, Leonard, Butler, and Thomas, with a bunch of good roleplayers (4-5s) like Kanter, Tristan Thompson, Biyombo, the Morris brothers, Vuch, Shumpert, and Harris- though that was a weird draft where, if I remember correctly, no one was sure if any of them were going to be good (which makes sense since the all stars went 1,9,11,15,30, and 60 in the draft).

Maybe 2010 is a good comp with a bunch of 7s in Wall, Cousins, Hayward, and George, all of whom went top 10.

Is Bacon an option with the 2nd 1st? He seems Jae Crowder-y

I don't know. Has poor body language when things don't go his way.

He has the numbers to bet on though. I like Louisville's guy, Mitchell better

Also the dude from smu