Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

so we're tied with golden state, boston, Cleveland, san Antonio and Utah with the most players in the top 100 with 5. Ibaka, vucevic, biyombo, Fournier and Gordon.

so the good news is we're obviously a deep team that is more talented than last year.

the bad news is we cant play what national people consider our top 5 players at the same time.

it would really solve a whole lot of problems if Gordon is a legitimate SF independent of who else is in the lineup. Then we'd be able to run Payton-Fournier-Gordon-ibaka-biyombo lineups regularly or Fournier-Hezonja-Gordon-ibaka-biyombo (which would let us take advantage of Fournier's height in defending point guards and would limit their ability to use speed as an exploit with the length we have for help defense) or Payton-hezonja-Gordon-ibaka-biyombo if Hezonja plays consistently up to the level he's shown he's capable of (which could potentially be the best defensive lineup in the league).

but that's ultimately the weakness of our roster. Gordon can play the 3 if we cater the lineup to help him there. I don't doubt that he can play sf with ibaka and Vucevic on the perimeter. That puts a ceiling on whatever we do and limitations on what our offense can do under those conditions. we'd just be getting by instead of flourishing. Consider what happens if we find ourselves in a position where Vucevic can dominate a guy in the paint. Gordon is going to be stuck in the corner and teams are going to dare him to shoot. same deal with a Gordon-ibaka-biyombo lineup. can that work? especially if you throw payton in at point, will that work?

but man, if Gordon can become a legitimate SF all of our problems go away.

it would really solve a whole lot of problems if Gordon is a legitimate SF independent of who else is in the lineup. Then we'd be able to run Payton-Fournier-Gordon-ibaka-biyombo lineups regularly or Fournier-Hezonja-Gordon-ibaka-biyombo (which would let us take advantage of Fournier's height in defending point guards and would limit their ability to use speed as an exploit with the length we have for help defense) or Payton-hezonja-Gordon-ibaka-biyombo if Hezonja plays consistently up to the level he's shown he's capable of (which could potentially be the best defensive lineup in the league).

Vooch wants to play too...

Vooch wants to play too...

hit that in the other post. I'm not worried about a Gordon-ibaka-vucevic lineup because we can pretty much play what is ostensibly Ibaka at the 3, vucevic at the 4, and Gordon at the 5 on offense.

hit that in the other post. I'm not worried about a Gordon-ibaka-vucevic lineup because we can pretty much play what is ostensibly Ibaka at the 3, vucevic at the 4, and Gordon at the 5 on offense.

Why do people freak out about spreading the wealth? Ginobili and the Spurs say hello.

1st Unit:

Payton

Fournier

Gordon

Ibaka

Biyombo

2nd Unit:

DJ

Mario

Green

Gordon

Vuc

AND YES, I put Gordon in the 2nd unit because he needs to play most of the game. You can rotate Ibaka/Biyombo/Gordon/Vuc between C/PF. Problem solved. All guys will get their minutes!!!!!

To add, some Vuc's best games were coming off the bench!!!! He wrecked havoc as one man scoring machine! People forget we were awesome with Howard starting and the tall Polish guy coming off the bench, then he got greedy and wanted to start!!! Hello! The Polish dude was never with a team that was as effective with him starting. His best days helping a team was when he was wrecking havoc in the second unit. We should have won 2010!!!!! Losing to the Celtics was a freak accident! Heck we should have won 2009 too!

Build a team with 2 starting units!!!! THIS IS NOT A BAD PROBLEM!!!!!!

Payton-hezonja-Gordon-ibaka-biyombo --- YEAH, this lineup is very sexy!!!!

The future. Hezonja/Payton/Gordon = future all stars. You heard it hear first. I'm the same guy who batted for JJ. Who wanted Brian Hill out in the 2000's. Who thinks we are POSSIBLY better without Dipo. I will be proven right once again. This team we have now is going to blow the NBA away. Wait and see.