Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I'd rather have Mozgov. If we are judging by small playoff samples Mozgov played pretty well in 2015. I don't think it's the case he suddenly forgot basketball. And Kevin Love played throughout further limiting his role. We know Mozgov has an offensive game and isn't bad on defense. I just don't see "seems about right"

You need to step back and recalibrate. Mozgov didn't forget how to play basketball, he's on the wrong side of 30 and has debilitating injuries that sapped his ability to perform.

You need to step back and recalibrate. Mozgov didn't forget how to play basketball, he's on the wrong side of 30 and has debilitating injuries that sapped his ability to perform.

If by wrong side of 30 you mean just turned 30 like 2 weeks OK whatever. Still in his prime

He played 76 games and 81 games year before. What injury are u talking about

If by wrong side of 30 you mean just turned 30 like 2 weeks OK whatever. Still in his prime

He played 76 games and 81 games year before. What injury are u talking about

Knee and shoulder injuries. The reason his minutes dropped significantly.

Knee and shoulder injuries. The reason his minutes dropped significantly.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland/post/_/id/1236/timofey-mozgov-had-unsuccessful-knee-surgery-last-summer-and-his-rehab-was-handled-improperly

OK So his knee rehab didn't go smooth...he can still rehab and address the issue this offseason. You make it sound like his career is over

Mozgov is well rounded as a player. You can at least dump the ball to him down low; I wouldn't even consider that option for Biyombo

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland/post/_/id/1236/timofey-mozgov-had-unsuccessful-knee-surgery-last-summer-and-his-rehab-was-handled-improperly

OK So his knee rehab didn't go smooth...he can still rehab and address the issue this offseason. You make it sound like his career is over

Mozgov is well rounded as a player. You can at least dump the ball to him down low; I wouldn't even consider that option for Biyombo

Dumping the ball to a player down low isn't a thing that happens anymore. You know who lead the league in post touches and how many per game? Dwight. 8 per game. Most guys are around 5.

I'd rather spend money on a guy with a few elite talents at 23 with the hope he's not done improving than give a long term contract to a guy who is 30, with nagging injuries, who likely peaked, is ok at a few things, and has a game that doesn't translate particularly well to the style of play of the current nba.

You wouldn't. That's cool. If the argument was dedmon or ezili instead I'd understand.

But mozgov? At ostensibly the same price? Nah.

Dumping the ball to a player down low isn't a thing that happens anymore. You know who lead the league in post touches and how many per game? Dwight. 8 per game. Most guys are around 5.

I'd rather spend money on a guy with a few elite talents at 23 with the hope he's not done improving than give a long term contract to a guy who is 30, with nagging injuries, who likely peaked, is ok at a few things, and has a game that doesn't translate particularly well to the style of play of the current nba.

You wouldn't. That's cool. If the argument was dedmon or ezili instead I'd understand.

But mozgov? At ostensibly the same price? Nah.

What nagging injury??? He had offseason knee surgery ONCE and he rushed back. And the shoulder? He still only missed six games. If it's as painful as you're leading he would've missed way more games.

Mozgov can do more things now than Biyombo can right now. So to be clear, you'd rather pay the same to someone who maybe 3-4 years down the line could have any semblance of an offensive game versus a guy who already has game and can probably provide a more balanced dimension to the team.

And Biyombo is not elite at anything. The word elite should be applied to a select few. I don't understand how anyone can lump him in as "a select few" in the NBA at anything currently.

What nagging injury??? He had offseason knee surgery ONCE and he rushed back. And the shoulder? He still only missed six games. If it's as painful as you're leading he would've missed way more games.

Mozgov can do more things now than Biyombo can right now. So to be clear, you'd rather pay the same to someone who maybe 3-4 years down the line could have any semblance of an offensive game versus a guy who already has game and can probably provide a more balanced dimension to the team.

And Biyombo is not elite at anything. The word elite should be applied to a select few. I don't understand how anyone can lump him in as "a select few" in the NBA at anything currently.

Fifth in total rebounding percentage and second in block percentage? That is elite.

complete strawman as I never said that is a strategy we should employ full time or how the team should be run.

My point was Mozgov can play some offense, and that includes dumping it down low when the matchup presents itself. Can you honestly say that about Biyombo? Pretty much every offensive category has Mozgov>Biyombo.

To add some perspective to my previous post (because I can not edit it) only DeAndre Jordan and Hassan Whiteside finished last season top 10 in rebounding and block percentages. That is elite company in areas that are more important than offensive production out of the post.

"Biyombo was obtained for his elite defense and at his age he still has the potential to become one of the best rebounders and shot blockers in the league. We considered several players, but Rob and I had our eye on Bismack. He can become one of the league's best defensive players this season." Frank Vogel