Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

dun think he is explosive at all, hmmm.. I would have picked ingram as the 1st pick for sure before the draft

I agree, I feel Ingram is going to be the better player when all set and done

we all should love skiles, if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have gotten vogel, and if it wasn't for otis we wouldn't have gotten henny...

we should make statues for skiles and otis

Henny has produced 4 TERRIBLE seasons and no all stars and Vogel just got fired from Larry Bird....lets not say they are Jerry West and Phil Jackson yet. When Henny/Vogel win us our first championship this year we can talk about statues for Skiles and Otis.

Henny has produced 4 TERRIBLE seasons and no all stars and Vogel just got fired from Larry Bird....lets not say they are Jerry West and Phil Jackson yet. When Henny/Vogel win us our first championship this year we can talk about statues for Skiles and Otis.

Yeah and 3 of those 4 seasons we were specifically designed to lose in order to gather young talent through the draft. To pretend that our record is any indication of Hennigan's success, or lack thereof, is incredibly short sighted and borderline asinine. This summer was huge for us and as it stands now we are probably a playoff team next season and are literally one player, and a year of player development away from being a serious threat for years to come. I'm pretty sure that's where Henny said he wanted us to be 4 years ago, so things are actually right on track.

First few seasons were by design.

Duncan retired. In pure Duncan fashion.

We're so lucky to have watched a top 5 player of all time in his career.

Magic fans are so freaking spoiled when it comes to down years. Here are stretches other teams went through since we've become a franchise:

Atlanta- 8 consecutive seasons without playoffs

Boston- 6 consecutive seasons without playoffs

Brooklyn- 5 consecutive seasons without playoffs

Charlotte- 5 consecutive seasons, 9 out of 12

Chicago-6 consecutive seasons

Cleveland- two different stretches, 7 in a row and 4 in a row

Dallas- 10 consecutive seasons

Denver- 8 consecutive seasons

Detroit- 6 consecutive seasons

Golden state- 12 consecutive seasons and 17 out of 18

Houston- 4 consecutive seasons

Indiana- 4 consecutive seasons

Clippers- 8 consecutive seasons, 18 out of 22

Lakers- 3 consecutive seasons

Memphis- 8 consecutive, 12 out of 15

Miami- 3 consecutive

Milwaukee- 7

Minnesota- currently on a 12 year streak

NOLA- no long streaks of failure but none of success either. 8 non playoff seasons in 14 years

Knicks- 6 seasons and 11 of 15

OKC- 3

Philly- 7 seasons

phoenix- currently on a 6 season streak

Portland- 5

Sacramento- currently on a 10 year streak

San Antonio- 1

Toronto- 5 and 9 out of 11

Utah- 4 currently

Washington- 7, 14 out of 15, 20 out of 27

We're in a stretch of 4 seasons. put that in perspective.

Every single time we have a rebuild it's like this. 4 losing seasons, sustained success. 3 losing seasons, sustained success. 4 losing seasons, TBD...

I don't think either of KD or KG looked anywhere near as frail as Brandon Ingram, and I'm not worried about it...he plays in LA not Orlando

I don't think either of KD or KG looked anywhere near as frail as Brandon Ingram, and I'm not worried about it...he plays in LA not Orlando

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbp3.blogger.com%2F_IAPsYFC5liU%2FSBsNWm2gjdI%2FAAAAAAAAANg%2FE66psdclRUk%2Fs320%2Fkevin%2Bdurant%2Brookie%2Bof%2Bthe%2Byear.jpg&f=1

When turned sideways, if not for his head, he'd disappear.

Here are the teams that are realistically in the running for westbrook without making any moves:

New Orleans (gets to play with Anthony Davis, NOLA renounces Jrue and Tyreke)

Atlanta

Boston

OKC

Chicago

Here are the teams that are in the running if they make minor deals to trim cap space:

Orlando (Need to dump Vucevic)

Sacramento (gets to play with cousins, needs to dump Koufos)

Here are the teams that are realistically in the running for westbrook without making any moves:

New Orleans (gets to play with Anthony Davis, NOLA renounces Jrue and Tyreke)

Atlanta

Boston

OKC

Chicago

Here are the teams that are in the running if they make minor deals to trim cap space:

Orlando (Need to dump Vucevic)

Sacramento (gets to play with cousins, needs to dump Koufos)

I think Westbrook stays. He's gonna be the focal point more than ever. He thrives on that.