Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

The heat now don't have max cap room available until 2019

How does the Bosh situation work? Say he is forced to into retirement because of his blood clot issues(not trying to be a Debbie downer, but it sounds possible). Does any part of his salary come off the cap(let's assume he doesn't play another game again)?

How does the Bosh situation work? Say he is forced to into retirement because of his blood clot issues(not trying to be a Debbie downer, but it sounds possible). Does any part of his salary come off the cap(let's assume he doesn't play another game again)?

I'm pretty sure it comes off but let me do some research to make sure

I'm pretty sure it comes off but let me do some research to make sure

It doesn't say when a decision needs to be made:

Bosh is owed $75 million over the next three years. He would receive all the money. Miami would receive some savings via an insurance policy, but would not do this to save money. If it was up to the Heat, a healthy Bosh would be playing for them every night.

This would allow the organization to replace Bosh when his contract hypothetically comes off in the summer of 2017.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15557916/chris-bosh-miami-heat-difficult-choices-ahead

Here is another article from the Sun:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s070916-story.html

I'm sure Bosh wants to play, but he wanted to play last year and he could've collapsed and died on the court like Hank Gathers. I don't know if Bosh will try to force playing(he might) or talk to the Players' Association if the Heat(and doctors) say her has to retire. I don't think the Players' Association wants to take that risk though, it could end up killing Bosh. I also don't think Bosh would want to hurt his team cap wise even if his pride tells him he can still play.

The Skiles hate on here is totally justified, but also hilariously naive. As a person, Skiles earned the hate by quitting. But, objectively, by any sane measure, he did a good job actually coaching the team. Did we luck into a better coach? Sure, most likely we did. But using him as a scapegoat now for all the team's failures is naive. Mario was not a good player last year. Skiles didn't play guys who weren't performing because we were trying to win. And we did get a ten win increase. People need to stop blaming Skiles for everything, most notably Payton and Mario.

we all should love skiles, if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have gotten vogel, and if it wasn't for otis we wouldn't have gotten henny...

we should make statues for skiles and otis

Ben Simmons is going to be a weird basketball player. That's ok

dun think he is explosive at all, hmmm.. I would have picked ingram as the 1st pick for sure before the draft

we all should love skiles, if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have gotten vogel, and if it wasn't for otis we wouldn't have gotten henny...

we should make statues for skiles and otis

Lol! True