Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

There's absolutely a chance Westbrook strongly considers Orlando with his ties to Henny and Ibaka and the absolute need to get out of the Western Conference ASAP

Only a chance if we surpass expectations this year. We have to be a top 5 team in the east. Making the playoffs isn't enough.

You missed my point

No, I got it. I'm just saying I'd leave okc if I was him. And if the choice was gs vs Boston why would I choose Boston?

No, I got it. I'm just saying I'd leave okc if I was him. And if the choice was gs vs Boston why would I choose Boston?

I get the logic. I do. But to my point, it's just taking the easy road. Which is fine, I get it. This is the NBA. NBA athletes have become the biggest divas in professional sports. They want the easy path. But I think it's the culture they have from a young age with AAU. It's all about joining/creating an all star team.

If you're on a team that keeps trading good players to avoid going into the luxury tax why would you stay there? If you're going to leave, why purposely choose a bad team?

I was kinda hoping he'd go to Boston.

Only a chance if we surpass expectations this year. We have to be a top 5 team in the east. Making the playoffs isn't enough.

You're probably right

Image more than anything else (which does matter with these guys that are "brands"). Didn't blow a 3-1 lead against Boston. He looks like Steph Curry's lackey now, not good for the brand (which as dumb as it sounds, matters).

Image more than anything else (which does matter with these guys that are "brands"). Didn't blow a 3-1 lead against Boston. He looks like Steph Curry's lackey now, not good for the brand (which as dumb as it sounds, matters).

Image is fleeting. People have short attention spans

I'm more excited about this year now. We really need to have a good showing. Not just for Westbrook (well, one can dream) but to attract a legit star free agent next year.

These stars nowadays will only consider teams that are legit contenders. I think having Ibaka obviously gives us a link to Westbrook to an extent, but he has to re-up here too.

I get the logic. I do. But to my point, it's just taking the easy road. Which is fine, I get it. This is the NBA. NBA athletes have become the biggest divas in professional sports. They want the easy path. But I think it's the culture they have from a young age with AAU. It's all about joining/creating an all star team.

I still don't get it. Look back at the 80s or 90s, you won't have seen a prime MJ or Olajuwon go to i. e. Boston simply to win a title. Pro players back in the days used to have competitiveness not to do this kind ob BS.