Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Can't wait for the 30 for 30 on the Thunder in 10 years.

You had Durant/Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka and won nothing. Magic fans can relate.

Please wake me up, when I can watch competitive bball again.

Stay away for at least 2 years.

BUT

Injuries do happen.

I would love to see it but NO WAY Westbrook chooses the Magic over the Big city lights!

Need to show him we're competitive this season.

Yes, they are. This is the ultimate I have no backbone move by Durant. If you don't see it that way, that's completely fine. Up 3-1 on a team then blow it--so run and join them? Coward.

I wouldn't call him a coward but it is a punk move. I miss the days when superstars used to want to show who was boss and compete with each other to win championships. Teaming up is weak IMO. Durant arguably had a team of equal talent with OKC but decided to leave the team that gave their heart and soul in these playoffs to join the team that came back to beat them. If anything that loss to GS should drive KD to stay in OKC and beat them. That's like Karl Malone joining the Bulls in his prime because he couldn't beat them smh

Need to show him we're competitive this season.

We agree on this.

If the Magic could have some shocking year and reach the ECF or at least the second round--Westbrook becomes a much more realistic pitch.

Have to show we are close though. Really close. As you can see, players want the easiest shot at title possibly imaginable.

I wouldn't call him a coward but it is a punk move. I miss the days when superstars used to want to show who was boss and compete with each other to win championships. Teaming up is weak IMO. Durant arguably had a team of equal talent with OKC but decided to leave the team that gave their heart and soul in these playoffs to join the team that came back to beat them. If anything that loss to GS should drive KD to stay in OKC and beat them. That's like Karl Malone joining the Bulls in his prime because he couldn't beat them smh

If you're on a team that keeps trading good players to avoid going into the luxury tax why would you stay there? If you're going to leave, why purposely choose a bad team?

There's absolutely a chance Westbrook strongly considers Orlando with his ties to Henny and Ibaka and the absolute need to get out of the Western Conference ASAP

We agree on this.

If the Magic could have some shocking year and reach the ECF or at least the second round--Westbrook becomes a much more realistic pitch.

Have to show we are close though. Really close. As you can see, players want the easiest shot at title possibly imaginable.

Yeah, there's a realistic path to being Toronto.

If you're on a team that keeps trading good players to avoid going into the luxury tax why would you stay there? If you're going to leave, why purposely choose a bad team?

You missed my point