Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I guess keeping Vucevic is realistic considering his salary figures for the next three seasons:

2016/17: $11,750,000

2017/18: $12,250,000

2018/19: $12,750,000

Under the new cap this is bargain level money for the production he gives us. Him and Ibaka, or him and Biyomo, could form a really good duo for the front court. Vucevic can offer scoring, the other can offer the rim protection.

Exactly. We don't need to trade Vuc at all.

There's more than one way to win in the NBA. Worked for Detroit

The only guy in their starting 5 that couldn't score was Wallace. The magic have at least 3.

Lol. We are acquiring assets to win games. And still have flexibility to boot.

That didn't answer the question, and I wasn't trying to knock on the acquisitions. Too much flexibility can be a sign of a trade for a centerpiece.

I feel like we are legitimately one player away from being a serious problem in the East

I agree, we need offense now, a super star like paul george who can get 40 and create offense in crucial times...

only two or 3 guys on this team can initiate offense that now, and they are not even top tier

vuc, fournier, and payton....

our offense will have to really rely on them to create, I am not worried about fournier, cause he is gifted driving to the basket.... vuc can get his shot but rarely creates for others... payton is the one that really needs to step up playing like the old rondo or jason kid to make this team go

I would have much preferred to trade Vuc and whoever it takes for Butler, and let Fournier walk, but oh well. I do like the BB signing though, for some reason I thought he had already re-signed with Toronto.

How do you know we didn't try?

As you can see with the dipo trade, no one was untouchable for the right piece.

Not a chance Lillard is going anywhere. He is the face of the Portland Trail Blazers and a player ascending towards star status. No way would they consider trading him for a solid center (Vucevic), a bench PG (Watson), and two prospects (Payton and Hezonja). If they did it would pretty much kill any chance they have of becoming a top four seed. As it stands, Lillard, McCollum, and their additions could see them compete for a top four seed.

That said, if we did manage to pull off a trade for that cost I would be a very happy Magic fan! :D/>

Can't we just enjoy the moment???? You guys speak of trades like the opposing team says yes. Geez. Henny and co are trying to make us a good team for the upcoming season!

• Upvote 1

I agree, we need offense now, a super star like paul george who can get 40 and create offense in crucial times...

only two or 3 guys on this team can initiate offense that now, and they are not even top tier

vuc, fournier, and payton....

our offense will have to really rely on them to create, I am not worried about fournier, cause he is gifted driving to the basket.... vuc can get his shot but rarely creates for others... payton is the one that really needs to step up playing like the old rondo or jason kid to make this team go

Meeks, Green, Ibaka, and Augustin say hello.

Meeks, Green, Ibaka, and Augustin say hello.

Meeks can't create, Green is not a creater either, neither is ibaka, augusin yes, but he a bench guy, not gonna get a whole lot min

I would have much preferred to trade Vuc and whoever it takes for Butler, and let Fournier walk, but oh well. I do like the BB signing though, for some reason I thought he had already re-signed with Toronto.

Fournier doesn't count against the cap. And who says Chicago would have said yes?