Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I mean Plumlee is 27 and averaged 5 and 4 last season and has exactly 1 playoff game in his whole career. Biyombo is coming off a huge playoff run, is younger and better. There's a chance Biyombo becomes Ben Wallace (admittedly it's very small). Plumlee basically is what he is.

I don't know if he'll ever become ben Wallace because that holds a connotation with the championships and the total impact that I don't want to put on Biyombo. But there's a reasonable chance biyombo becomes the top Rebounder/shot blocker in the NBA. only Whiteside had both a higher rebound% and block% than biyombo last season (there's also about 6 other high profile/low profile guys in the same realm)

I don't know if he'll ever become ben Wallace because that holds a connotation with the championships and the total impact that I don't want to put on Biyombo. But there's a reasonable chance biyombo becomes the top Rebounder/shot blocker in the NBA. only Whiteside had both a higher rebound% and block% than biyombo last season (there's also about 6 other high profile/low profile guys in the same realm)

I try to keep realistic expectations in mind when projecting players. (Though you then must determine what is and is not realistic-) Far too often though, I hear/read people proclaiming that this player or that player is the next "name of all time great". While it is often possible that they become that type of player (or even better/different) at their top, they will most likely not reach those heights.

When they fail to become that player that everyone was claiming they would be, the fans seem to turn on the player as he did not become what they imagined he would become.

Would the Heat go full youth movement and take a deal around Payton for Dragic?

Edit: Dragic makes a lot of money and we don't have a lot of players we can dump

Would the Heat go full youth movement and take a deal around Payton for Dragic?

Edit: Dragic makes a lot of money and we don't have a lot of players we can dump

No reason for either team to do that deal.

No reason for either team to do that deal.

Wade just bailed and Bosh might have to retire. The Heat have to rebuild

We need a PG that can shoot a lot better. Dragic is no Ray Allen, but he would be a huge improvement. He makes 15 million per year, 4 year contract. Not terrible in the current era of contracts

We need a PG that can shoot a lot better. Dragic is no Ray Allen, but he would be a huge improvement. He makes 15 million per year, 4 year contract. Not terrible in the current era of contracts

I don't really like Dragic as your main point guard. I think I'd rather have Rubio.

I don't really like Dragic as your main point guard. I think I'd rather have Rubio.

I wouldn't, but they're in the same universe when it comes to overall skill.

Sergio Llull, who hasn't decided to come over to the NBA yet (Rockets) is probably better than both

I wouldn't, but they're in the same universe when it comes to overall skill.

Sergio Llull, who hasn't decided to come over to the NBA yet (Rockets) is probably better than both

I mean, Rubio is pretty much what we want Payton to be. Great defender, Great passer.

Dragic is 30, Rubio is almost 26.

I'm afraid Dragic already peaked and is slowly going to turn back into a 12 ppg player.

It's a move that I don't think makes us significantly better.

I mean, Rubio is pretty much what we want Payton to be. Great defender, Great passer.

I'm afraid Dragic already peaked and is slowly going to turn back into a 12 ppg player.

Don't tell me your actually contemplating Rubio? Don't let the hamster turn that wheel for too long man.

What I'm worried about with Payton is how he fits with this team, even if he reaches his ultimate potential. Fournier is our only good to great outside shooter in the starting lineup and that just worries me, even if we get the rebirth of Magic Johnson as our PG.