Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I can tell you this. As bad as Vucevic may be on Defence... Bismacks Offence is way way way worse lol #Fact

The thing is, Vuch's defense isn't so terrible that we should just give him away. At 25 there's no reason why he can't be even better. Marc Gasol, Bogut, they worked to become better.

If our goal is to be a championship team then why not have Vuc as OUR great 6th man.

Ultimately because most people strive for some form of individual recognition and he's never going to get 6th man minutes while Biyombo is here (neither will Biyombo)

Just like David Lee asked for a trade from golden state

If we're expecting Payton, Fournier, Gordon, and Ibaka to be in the starting lineup than I think Vucevic has to start because his offense will be needed

Evan ag and ibaka can produce also ep with the drive can produce Vuc doesn't have to start.

If we're expecting Payton, Fournier, Gordon, and Ibaka to be in the starting lineup than I think Vucevic has to start because his offense will be needed

kinda depends where Payton is. I feel like we can expect 15ppg from Fournier and Ibaka. If payton can consistently hit double figures then we're fine. if not, it might be prohibitive to play Payton and Biyombo big minutes together.

but I'm still under the impression that our primary lineup is going to be Payton-Fournier-Green-Gordon-Ibaka on nights where green is playing well

If fournier our most polished player on offense is only avg. 15 pts. Then we are in trouble.

not necessarily. the 03-04 Detroit Pistons had nobody average more than 17.6ppg. They dealt with this by having 7 guys average 9.5+ppg.

a more recent example is last year's Atlanta team.

if we had something like

Fournier-16

Ibaka-16

Gordon-13

Payton-12

Green-11

Hezonja-8

Biyombo-8

Augustin-8

Meeks-7

then we're fine assuming we play great defense.

EDIT: also the 13-14 Spurs.

if we have a full rotation of guys that are all capable of playing their roles efficiently then we're going to be fine, even dangerous because we wont have a "stop x and let y beat you" easy opponent defense philosophy.