Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

You know, I've been thinking about the whole "small ball" thing in the NBA and have come to the conclusion that there's one team that does it well (and I mean really well) and that's the GS Warriors. Teams may try to replicate it, and have the ability to do it with some success for short spurts, but no other team in the NBA really comes close to doing what the Warriors do night in and night out. That being said, why fall into the trap of trying to replicate something that requires talent that frankly no other team in the NBA has? I mean especially now with Durant on board, the Warriors literally have 3 of the top six or seven shooters in the league and no other team even comes close to matching that. My point here is, there's lots of ways to win the NBA and one of them is to defend and keep teams from scoring. All these writers quoted seem so confused about the Biyombo signing but I think what we're seeing here is an organization saying we're going to go in a different direction and see if we can't forge our own way to win in the NBA rather than try to replicate what is working for one team with a very unique group of talent. I for one love that we aren't falling into that trap, and who knows, maybe two or three years from now we will be viewed as the new trend setters in the NBA.

• Upvote 3

You know, I've been thinking about the whole "small ball" thing in the NBA and have come to the conclusion that there's one team that does it well (and I mean really well) and that's the GS Warriors. Teams may try to replicate it, and have the ability to do it with some success for short spurts, but no one other in the NBA really comes close to doing what the Warriors do night in and night out. That being said, why fall into the trap of trying to replicate something that requires talent that frankly no other team in the NBA has? I mean especially now with Durant on board, the Warriors literally have 3 of the top six or seven shooters in the league and no other team even comes close to matching that. My point here is, there's lots of ways to win the NBA and one of them is to defend and keep teams from scoring. All these writers quoted seem so confused about the Biyombo signing but I think what we're seeing here is an organization saying we're going to go in a different direction and see if we can't forge our own way to win in the NBA rather than try to replicate what is working for one team with a very unique group of talent. I for one love that we aren't falling into that trap, and who knows, maybe two or three years from now we will be viewed as the new trend setters in the NBA.

Pretty good analogy

You know, I've been thinking about the whole "small ball" thing in the NBA and have come to the conclusion that there's one team that does it well (and I mean really well) and that's the GS Warriors. Teams may try to replicate it, and have the ability to do it with some success for short spurts, but no one other in the NBA really comes close to doing what the Warriors do night in and night out. That being said, why fall into the trap of trying to replicate something that requires talent that frankly no other team in the NBA has? I mean especially now with Durant on board, the Warriors literally have 3 of the top six or seven shooters in the league and no other team even comes close to matching that. My point here is, there's lots of ways to win the NBA and one of them is to defend and keep teams from scoring. All these writers quoted seem so confused about the Biyombo signing but I think what we're seeing here is an organization saying we're going to go in a different direction and see if we can't forge our own way to win in the NBA rather than try to replicate what is working for one team with a very unique group of talent. I for one love that we aren't falling into that trap, and who knows, maybe two or three years from now we will be viewed as the new trend setters in the NBA.

Cleveland played LeBron at 4. Okc played Durant at 4.

You don't play small just to play small. You play multiple.

Cleveland played LeBron at 4. Okc played Durant at 4.

You don't play small just to play small. You play multiple.

I get that and we certainly have the versatility and ability to go small if and when we need to. I'm just saying the buzz term in the NBA right now is "small ball" and there's no reason to feel like that's the only way to be successful in today's NBA, even if you don't have a Lebron James or a Kevin Durant.

.@EricPincus: Biyombo's ORL deal is $68 mil, but can reach $72 mil w/ incentives. He'll make $17 mil per year w/ player option in last year.

Green and Meeks are insurance

I think its a great problem to have. You still want guys to fight for the minutes, and not get comfortable.

At the same time, as time goes on, best players and rotations will present them self, and by trade deadline, it will give us an extra piece that we can trade.

Imagine a roster without Bis. Now suddenly we need every player to play their minutes.

I feel like this is all part of a plan and philosophy of Robs team buliding process.

Why did they take down the biyombo presser?

Did they? I saw somebody said there may have been an F-bomb dropped. I watched the whole thing and never heard it but maybe that's why? Not sure

Did they? I saw somebody said there may have been an F-bomb dropped. I watched the whole thing and never heard it but maybe that's why? Not sure

I started to watch it then had to pause it and when i came back to finish watching it, it said video could not be played and now its not up anywhere

Green and Meeks are insurance

Green just finished a season where he was playing 27 mpg for what is ostensibly a contender in the western conference.

Prior to last year, Meeks averaged 21+ mpg for five consecutive seasons then demanded a trade when an injury forced him from the rotation.

You think these guys are going to be cool with emergency minutes?