Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

augustin isn't a good starter.

You could say the same about Payton too though. Plus I would like more shooting in the starting lineup. If Payton starts then Fournier would be the only legit shooter on the floor.

Zach lowe says teams should call us about vucevic.

here's everything about it so you don't have to go reading the article

Zach totally stole my phrase lol

oh nooooo

Eric Pincus Verified account 

‏@EricPincus

The NBA's projection for the 2017-18 season has fallen from $107 million to $102 million, filing story shortly at @BBallInsiders

this is horrible news. Now to get max next summer, we'd have to find another $5M? Likely meaning if we dump Vuc & Augustin, we'd can offer a 2nd tier max FA?

You could say the same about Payton too though. Plus I would like more shooting in the starting lineup. If Payton starts then Fournier would be the only legit shooter on the floor.

at least there's hope that payton could be a good player. there's no hope that Augustin would be an effective starter. Doesn't make much sense to play a lesser skilled player just because he can do one thing.

both.

Why though, you'd want us to have Ibaka, Vucevic, Biyombo, and Dedmon? Dedmon would probably never play unless you feel it'd be insurance incase Ibaka didn't resign.

at least there's hope that payton could be a good player. there's no hope that Augustin would be an effective starter. Doesn't make much sense to play a lesser skilled player just because he can do one thing.

I have to disagree boss, Augustin is weaker than Payton on the defensive end but what does Payton do better?

Shooting: Augustin

Facilitator: Could go both ways

Creator on offense: Augustin

Defense: Payton

this is horrible news. Now to get max next summer, we'd have to find another $5M? Likely meaning if we dump Vuc & Augustin, we'd can offer a 2nd tier max FA?

Wouldn't stress it. Projections are always lower than what actual happens plus the revenue might be through the roof.