Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Sam Presti is in a really tough spot now. Curious if he seeks to trade Westbrook. Lakers have the best package

Have to give credit to Presti though, did you see the statement he just wrote about Durant? Really took the high road. Came off 100 times more professional than Gilbert did in Cleveland.

Calling Durant a coward is hilarious. He's a free agent and had freedom to choose his new team for whatever reason he pleases. Everyone just loves to jump on this kind of stuff out of jealousy but let's be real, the Warriors might be worse off. There is only one ball and they will lose bench players because of this. It's not game over for the league yet.

I totally agree. Miami in 2010 had the same problem. Remember, they lost to DAL in the finals that year. Only one ball for Wade, James, and Bosh. And to get all three to sign there, they had to mortgage the rest of the team, leaving them with no depth at all. The same thing might happen with GS this year. Don't crown them just yet.

I still don't get it. Look back at the 80s or 90s, you won't have seen a prime MJ or Olajuwon go to i. e. Boston simply to win a title. Pro players back in the days used to have competitiveness not to do this kind ob BS.

Well, you physically couldn't go to another team until 1988

I still don't get it. Look back at the 80s or 90s, you won't have seen a prime MJ or Olajuwon go to i. e. Boston simply to win a title. Pro players back in the days used to have competitiveness not to do this kind ob BS.

That's what I'm saying. But I think AAU basketball has a lot to do with it. I played when I was younger, it's all about just trying to make a super team. It's the culture from early on now. This is just how the NBA is now. The 80's & 90's were for sure a completely different era.

NBA athletes, as a whole, have become relatively unlikable to me (as far as the stars go). You don't see this in the NFL or NHL. MLB is different because of the cap, or lack there of.

That's what I'm saying. But I think AAU basketball has a lot to do with it. I played when I was younger, it's all about just trying to make a super team. It's the culture from early on now. This is just how the NBA is now. The 80's & 90's were for sure a completely different era.

NBA athletes, as a whole, have become relatively unlikable to me (as far as the stars go). You don't see this in the NFL or NHL. MLB is different because of the cap, or lack there of.

Did you forget about all the great players going to Denver last summer to win a championship?

Did you forget about all the great players going to Denver last summer to win a championship?

The guys on the tail ends of their careers? What star in his prime left for Denver last season? Where did Andrew Luck just sign?

Yeah, with prime Peyton Manning.

Exactly. I'm talking about prime NFL & NHL stars. Where did Stamkos just re-sign? Kane? Towes? In the NFL, how often does a star quarterback in their prime leave their team to go to a better one? Please tell me.

Rodgers? Brees? Rivers? Luck? Ben? Wilson? Newton? Brady?

How often do those guys leave to form a super team?

GWS problem was Curry himself, he couldn't drive to the basket and was playing hero ball like KD, i blame that on Kerr though not making the adjustment, now having two hero ball players won't solve their problems, they still lack of penetration and size... they have no one on their team that can do legit dribble penetration like payton

KD, curry all prefer to play hero ball and shoot fadaway midcourt 3s

Draymon can only drive against bigger guys

Igudala only in transition

Barbosa too old