Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Jamal Crawford has played some point guard. I definitely wouldn't mind his leadership for a couple years. He is 36 years old though.

The way I interpreted Henny's "too many wings" statement about Oladipo was that we have too many guards who can't shoot. So Meeks and Crawford would be wins in that sense. Honestly I think he looks for the best players for the best price and we don't worry about what other spots we already have filled. Injuries will happen and trades will happen for other assets if we end up with a logjam.

Hennigan is like an extreme couponer

awesome, you got 60 bottles of Gatorade and a pallet of flour for $20 but you were supposed to be cooking an elegant dinner.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if we don't want to give Fournier the max and we're looking at backup plans in case he gets the max.

Possibly. It's apparent that Rob is now in best value mode and if Fournier is offered the max and takes it, I think we let him go.

We're also meeting with bazemore

Is he really someone we want? He shot 26% from 3 last year and he is going to come with a high price tag. Would rather have Crawford

Is he really someone we want? He shot 26% from 3 last year and he is going to come with a high price tag. Would rather have Crawford

36%

he's a solid player.

no we wouldn't want him based on his future salary.

that's why this is weird.

:(/>

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins · 53s54 seconds ago

All indications are the Magic will not pursue Mike Conley in free agency: http://thesent.nl/2956ISZ .

More like "All indications are Magic didn't get an scheduled meeting".

Too many good teams competing in FA market.

Rob might have to do this with trades which is what I've been saying for two years now.

More like "All indications are Magic didn't get an scheduled meeting".

Too many good teams competing in FA market.

Rob might have to do this with trades which is what I've been saying for two years now.

which makes the Harris trade absolutely horrible.