Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

DH12 return to Magic? Is this even valid?

Return of DH12  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Don't know who he is and don't care

No, he whines during games. That's what I was referring to. He lies to the media, SVG called him out and so did the Houston beat writer who's article I posted a link to. He's dilusional (forgot to mention that previously) being quoted when still in Orlando of wanting to be a closer...like Kobe Bryant. Howard wants a lot of things, he's really good at wanting stuff. Unfortunately he's not all that good at delivering and don't even get me started on his inability to lead. The guy consistently blames everyone but himself, including missing FT's to close games, and no matter what the circumstance may be is incapable of including himself as part of the problem. The idea that the media has created this image and that it is not earned and real is an absolute and complete fallacy.

Name me one star that doesn't whine in the games? If this is your criteria for who don't care for, you might as rule out 90% of the stars joining this team.

Name me one star who doesn't want to be a closer? Are you really selling this notion that star players rather defer? Especially a defensive player like Dwight who for many years has lived in the paint grabbing boards and blocking shots. There's an old tradition passed down through generations of basketball that if you have a big who does those things, you feed him the ball at times.

As far as not admitting to his weaknesses I suggest you read the whole interview where he did admit things. You just have to read it while and not just parts that fit your argument.

Name me one star that doesn't whine in the games? If this is your criteria for who don't care for, you might as rule out 90% of the stars joining this team.

Name me one star who doesn't want to be a closer? Are you really selling this notion that star players rather defer? Especially a defensive player like Dwight who for many years has lived in the paint grabbing boards and blocking shots. There's an old tradition passed down through generations of basketball that if you have a big who does those things, you feed him the ball at times.

As far as not admitting to his weaknesses I suggest you red the whole interview where he did admit things. You just have to read it while and not just parts that fit your argument.

Many players complain and lobby, Dwight whines...incessantly. I believe it's because he is frustraded that he can't actually deliver. In the same vein, star players close games, they don't talk about it in the media...they go out and do it, not Dwight Howard. Him finally acknowledging his clear and evident weaknesses (in a contract year when his stock is arguably at an all-time low) is neither here nor there. It's great that he is admitting what we've all known for a very long time, yet people still try defend him which I find interesting. I'd liken it to an alcoholic admitting they are powerless over alcohol. Dwight needs a program and needs to follow through with the action steps now, I personally don't think he will but that's just my opinion.

Michael-Jordan-laughing.gif

Let's see, I blamed Stan for his public outburst. Blamed BVW for his drunken phone call to Dwight. Blamed Otis for making chemistry killing moves. Blamed Dwight for not handling everything as a professional. Blamed Harden for coming out of shape, not defending, and being an complete black hole.

Then there's you...It's all on Dwight. Dwight forces those moves. Dwight forces Stan out. Dwight forces BVW making those calls. Dwight forces Harden out of shape and uninspired...

You exhibit the charastics of a grade school child who can't get over a heart brake man.

You never responded to the article I posted about Otis not being happy with the direction with the team himself and actually going to the team about Arenas and you never responded to my question if you would sign Lebron who had Blatt fired, who has been well known to ask for players to be signed or traded, etc.

Many players complain and lobby, Dwight whines...incessantly. I believe it's because he is frustraded that he can't actually deliver. In the same vein, star players close games, they don't talk about it in the media...they go out and do it, not Dwight Howard. Him finally acknowledging his clear and evident weaknesses (in a contract year when his stock is arguably at an all-time low) is neither here nor there. It's great that he is admitting what we've all known for a very long time, yet people still try defend him which I find interesting. I'd liken it to an alcoholic admitting they are powerless over alcohol. Dwight needs a program and needs to follow through with the action steps now, I personally don't think he will but that's just my opinion.

Come on now man. I've seen stars straight up whine to the point that I feel like I l'm watching the World Cup. Those guys have whining down as an art form.

What do you mean stars don't want whine about shots? If they don't,you know why, because they act like grade A dicks if they don't. They're usually franchise perimeter players who have a lot of pull.

I remember when ex pro ballers said Dwight needed to demand the ball more. Bet some of y'all don't remember that at all. Hell, we've had that discussion here. "Dwight is too nice", "he needs to get more tougher and get onto his teammates and demand the ball more". Funny, he didn't do that enough here but he did it too much at the same time. He needs to be a leader but he needs to just stay quiet about stuff but yet Stan is awesome because he calls his players out.

This isn't about Dwight. It's the hypocrisy I see. Some Magic fans I wonder can they really handle having a star player

on this team?

Come on now man. I've seen stars straight up whine to the point that I feel like I l'm watching the World Cup. Those guys have whining down as an art form.

What do you mean stars don't want whine about shots? If they don't,you know why, because they act like grade A dicks if they don't. They're usually franchise perimeter players who have a lot of pull.

I remember when ex pro ballers said Dwight needed to demand the ball more. Bet some of y'all don't remember that at all. Hell, we've had that discussion here. "Dwight is too nice", "he needs to get more tougher and get onto his teammates and demand the ball more". Funny, he didn't do that enough here but he did it too much at the same time. He needs to be a leader but he needs to just stay quiet about stuff but yet Stan is awesome because he calls his players out.

This isn't about Dwight. It's the hypocrisy I see. Some Magic fans I wonder can they really handle having a star player

on this team?

Again, and this is my final comment on the subject, star players demand the ball, they earn the respect of their teammates and they deliver on the court, or they fail trying. Dwight doesn't demand anything ON the court, he does it behind the scenes, or in the media because it's safe there and he doesn't have to be exposed for what he is, which in my opinion is a phony superstar who if given the opportunity that he's begging for would more than likely fall flat because unfortunately, at the end of the day he doesn't possess the skill or mental fortitude to get it done when it matters most. The evidence of that is that he never has his entire career. Dwight will blame the coaches and his teammates for this to protect his own image of himself because deep down he knows it just like most people who have followed him his entire career. You can defend him ad naseum but the proof is in the pudding.

Again, and this is my final comment on the subject, star players demand the ball, they earn the respect of their teammates and they deliver on the court, or they fail trying. Dwight doesn't demand anything ON the court, he does it behind the scenes, or in the media because it's safe there and he doesn't have to be exposed for what he is, which in my opinion is a phony superstar who if given the opportunity that he's begging for would more than likely fall flat because unfortunately, at the end of the day he doesn't have the skill or mental fortitude to get it done when it matters most. The evidence of that is that he never has his entire career. Dwight will blame the coaches and his teammates for this to protect his own image of himself because deep down he knows it just like most people who have followed him his entire career. You an defend him all you want but the proof is in the pudding.

Right. He should've been a bigger dick about it lol

That's the only difference between Dwight and guys like Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, and even Westbrook. Dwight makes decisions playing to both sides. Dude just should've been a bigger jerk.

Right. He should've been a bigger dick about it lol

No, he should quit talking about it and just get it done. Like a Tim Duncan, or Karl Malone, or a myriad of other stars who aren't giant whiny pussies

No, he should quit talking about it and just get it done. Like a Tim Duncan, or Karl Malone, or a myriad o other stars who aren't giant whiny pussies

Lmao...Dude you live in another world. TD is a rare breed. Your comparison is flawed just on that name alone.

Most stars have been courted since high school. These guys don't know humility. They know they are the Chosen One or The Black Mamba or Superman. They got egos. They know that without them, the team goes from a 50+ win team to a lottery team over night.

I would love to see the majority of the stars adopt the humility and humbleness of TD but that will never happen. It doesn't sell jerseys, doesn't sell tickets, news, and until courtship of players at such a early age stops, it will continue.

Lmao...Dude you live in another world. TD is a rare breed. Your comparison is flawed just on that name alone.

Most stars have been courted since high school. These guys don't know humility. They know they are the Chosen One or The Black Mamba or Superman. They got egos. They know that without them, the team goes from a 50+ win team to a lottery team over night.

I would love to see the majority of the stars adopt the humility and humbleness of TD but that will never happen. It doesn't sell jerseys, doesn't sell tickets, news, and until courtship of players at such a early age stops, it will continue.

The point is other superstar players deliver (or fail trying) while Dwight Howard talks about wanting to deliver...for 12 years now! I'm tired of arguing a point that has already been proven to be an absolute fact.

You exhibit the charastics of a grade school child who can't get over a heart brake man.

It's hard to argue with someone who has mostly ad-hominem attacks and straw-men in his argument. The reason I didn't answer you about the Otis article was that I never said Otis wasn't at fault. The straw-men keep on coming.

My argument has been clear from the beginning. At this point I am just beating a dead horse.

That's the only difference between Dwight and guys like Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, and even Westbrook. Dwight makes decisions playing to both sides. Dude just should've been a bigger jerk.

Jesus man, you really think thats the difference between Dwight and NBA champions like Lebron, Kobe and Shaq? Wtf.

And you want Dwight to be even MORE of a bigger jerk? Alright, I think we're done here folks. This is definitely a sad case of denial.

I honestly can't come up with the energy to debate further with you. It's really a lost cause at this point. This is really sad.

Any how, I trust in Henny to make the most logical decision possible.

The point is other superstar players deliver (or fail trying) while Dwight Howard talks about wanting to deliver...for 12 years now! I'm tired of arguing a point that has already been proven as absolute fact.

Deliver what man? What do you want him to deliver? A ship? In an era where we watched Lebron get his only ships by quitting on his hometown team and forming a friggin super team in south beach? You want Dwight to win one with Jameer as your next best player? Or with a 33 year old soft as charming SG as your next best player, Mr. Fools Gold? Oh you want him to win one with Kobe who couldn't even play with Shaq long and playing for a coach who basically dismissed defense entirely. You also want him to win one with a defenseless, out of shape, black hole in Harden.

I think you want him to be something more than anyone else because you were a fan.