Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

GAMETHREAD: Magic @ Timberwolves

Probably.

I'm just seeing a potential problem out there when Watson comes back. He's going to want to play 15-18 minutes minimum. We're playing Gordon 13 minutes when he probably should be playing 20+. We're playing Hezonja 0 minutes when he should be playing 8-12. Harris has played minimal minutes at PF lately so he has a stranglehold on the SF spot.

Maybe instead of starting lineup upgrades we should instead focus on bench upgrades?

We still got time. We're still trying figure out who's legit. Fournier I believe will be part of a deal but Skiles is seeing if Payton can run this team. If he can't, that changes things.

I just don't see KD leaving. Of course you have make the effort but I think he stays.

I can see KD leaving but I think he takes a 1 year deal so that he doesn't have to abandon westbrook.

Maybe it works out in our favor since we'll probably be better next year.

I don't think it's realistic to believe that KD would sign with us this offseason, but maybe next year if we keep improving and the Wizards keep sinking..

I can see KD leaving but I think he takes a 1 year deal so that he doesn't have to abandon westbrook.

It isn't just Westbrook. Players love playing for Billy D.

It isn't just Westbrook. Players love playing for Billy D.

i think that remains to be seen. Haralabos Voulgaris has pointed out that Donovan has been pretty bad.

i think that remains to be seen. Haralabos Voulgaris has pointed out that Donovan has been pretty bad.

Who? What was bad about him? Heard nothing but good when he was at UF.

Who? What was bad about him? Heard nothing but good when he was at UF.

Apparently he failed to instruct his guys to foul down 4 with 30ish seconds left.

He drew up a play in the fourth quarter, westbrook left the huddle and literally said "**** that" and decided not to run that play.

more stuff that i cant remember off the top of my head.

Donovan was a good college coach but the game is so different in the NBA that its often not an easy transition. Doesn't mean he wont get better but he's pretty bad now. FWIW Hoiberg sucks for the same reasons.

Edit: found another example. He plays lineups that have no Durant and no Westbrook for extended time.

I just don't see KD leaving. Of course you have make the effort but I think he stays.

Yeah, probably...but there's always that chance. Henny will make a play for him I'm sure, it's going to come down to where does he believe he has the best chance to win a championship. OKC, Washington, or Orlando? I think a pretty decent case could be made for Orlando, especially with the young nucleus we have and the flexibility to add even more talent. The Warriors dominance at the moment may also make the Eastern Conference look that much more appealing and I'm not convinced he signs a one-year deal purely out of loyalty.

Yeah, probably...but there's always that chance. Henny will make a play for him I'm sure, it's going to come down to where does he believe he has the best chance to win a championship. OKC, Washington, or Orlando?

Golden State, Clippers, New orleans?

Golden State, Clippers, New orleans?

True...there's more than just the options I listed. I just named the teams he's been linked to (and added Orlando). He could essentially go wherever he wants, although I think if he leaves he comes East.

Yeah. not a great option at all.

I dont think there's a 2/3 available.

Maybe Payton/Fournier/pick for Eric Bledsoe?

Is the ceiling on someone like Khris Middleton any higher than either fournier or Harris?

We're pretty screwed in the trade department. Everyone who would be a definite updgrade is on a stable franchise and having a successfull year.

Woah hold on to those assets buddy. Payton alone will eclipse Bledsoe in a couple years. We trade the players above only for a KD type player.

Can we at least see how the rest of the year pan out for our young studs before we start giving them away?

The strength of this current team is DEPTH and we have just begun to understand our true identity.