Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Gamethread: ORL @ CLE

I'm not sure what that means though. If don't have precision, we aren't going to win a title. We need precision in the new NBA. Precise passing and accurate shooting is what wins titles.

You can't just run guys around and hope a lane opens up for a guy to drive in because he is fast. At the end of the day somebody at the guard position has to be drilling shots on a consistent basis and finishing at the rim.

You're worried about winning a title.

I'm more concerned with us just being good to attract free agents like Atlanta, Hoston, Memphis, etc.

If we make decisions solely on the basis of winning a title we should be Philly. We should trade everyone on this roster for draft picks and just sit in the lottery until we land a star. There are like 5 legitimate teams that can win a title this year.

Catman -- Curious, you've mentioned a couple times before about knowing some people on the inside. Are you aware of any thoughts coming from management regarding longterm re: Dipo, Payton, Vuc? I doubt you would as I think you would have already mentioned it.

Yeah but really if I was to say them now I'd get filleted. I can say that my opinion on who may get traded or benched is directly in line with who I heard may be on the block at some point during the year.

Also there is no direct line to Rob's office so I don't get anything that I'd stake my life on it happening.

I'm more concerned with us just being good to attract free agents like Atlanta, Hoston, Memphis, etc.

If we make decisions solely on the basis of winning a title we should be Philly. We should trade everyone on this roster for draft picks and just sit in the lottery until we land a star. There are like 5 legitimate teams that can win a title this year.

Good point too. Someone made a point that Durant loves Dipo ... At the end of the day, Dipo has heart and versatility. He is just a volume shooter.

Not a title this year. A title in the future. And getting free agents when you collected assets for 4 years is not the main plan of action.

I'd never once say we could contend for a title this year - even with a trade. That's just insane.

The Magic will make trades in addition to competing in free agency. But they got a lot of assets because they know they can make moves down the road.

Yeah but really if I was to say them now I'd get filleted. I can say that my opinion on who may get traded or benched is directly in line with who I heard may be on the block at some point during the year.

Also there is no direct line to Rob's office so I don't get anything that I'd stake my life on it happening.

Wow! Ok that tells me a lot, actually. I bought a #4 jersey last year. Payton is still my boy. Based on a lot of what you've been saying here, I think Payton is safe for now. The last 2 games may have changed it for my boy, though. Sad after he got 24 points just prior to his slump.

Not a title this year. A title in the future. And getting free agents when you collected assets for 4 years is not the main plan of action.

I'd never once say we could contend for a title this year - even with a trade. That's just insane.

The Magic will make trades in addition to competing in free agency. But they got a lot of assets because they know they can make moves down the road.

oh i didn't mean to imply that.

I'm just arguing that for the next three years all we need to be shooting for is appreciably better than last year. That will put us in position to do something in trades or free agency.

oh i didn't mean to imply that.

I'm just arguing that for the next three years all we need to be shooting for is appreciably better than last year. That will put us in position to do something in trades or free agency.

I agree with this, I am just thinking ahead.