Franchero MVP

Official Gamethread: OKC VS ORL

Please don't compare your mindset with Skiles. You have been negative about the team the entire process. The difference with Skiles is he is positive and wants to make changes because he knows we can win these games.

Simply based on your post history, you do not believe in what the magic are doing. Totally different story.

I do think the team can correct the mental part, but those who think this stuff happens over night need to have a reality check.

Again, bad assumptions. I've posted several times since they hired Skiles (and I've posted very little the past few months) that I was "cautiously optimistic". I was not optimistic the previous few years, since the Magic were both a bad team and poorly coached. Clearly that was the right call, given that we were the worst team in the NBA over the past 3 years, based on our won-loss record.

Also, your perception of my mindset has nothing to do with the points I was making about what Skiles was saying. It's just a way of deflecting the discussion to something irrelevant.

Again, bad assumptions. I've posted several times since they hired Skiles (and I've posted very little the past few months) that I was "cautiously optimistic". I was not optimistic the previous few years, since the Magic were both a bad team and poorly coached. Clearly that was the right call, given that we were the worst team in the NBA over the past 3 years, based on our won-loss record.

Also, your perception of my mindset has nothing to do with the points I was making about what Skiles was saying. It's just a way of deflecting the discussion to something irrelevant.

Actually I am just reading your posts and responding to them. And to be negative about the last 3 years is short sighted anyway. Its super easy to say a rebuilding team will be bad when you don't look at the big picture. I don't think that takes any real insight. Main point is that most people assumed we would not even compete with a WAS or OKC and we barely lost to both teams. These losses can be fixed a lot easier than getting blown out like in the past.

The reality is the rebuild that was so harshly criticized by you and many others here actually appears to be working out whether you choose to admit it or not.

Actually I am just reading your posts and responding to them. And to be negative about the last 3 years is short sighted anyway. Its super easy to say a rebuilding team will be bad when you don't look at the big picture. I don't think that takes any real insight. Main point is that most people assumed we would not even compete with a WAS or OKC and we barely lost to both teams. These losses can be fixed a lot easier than getting blown out like in the past.

The reality is the rebuild that was so harshly criticized by you and many others here actually appears to be working out whether you choose to admit it or not.

The choice to be extremely bad these past three years is something I took issue with, you are correct. But what's done is done. Hopefully it will pay off at some point. The idea was to be really bad, grab a superstar in the draft, and then get really good.

No superstar, didn't have great draft luck. So be it. I'm hoping that with new coaching we have enough pieces to be better this year. Hence I'm "cautiously optimistic". Folding at the end of games was a problem last year, and still a concern this year. Whether the rebuild "works out" or justifies the years of being terrible is very much unknown at this point, and for the sake of the current Magic organization, let's hope it "works out" pretty soon.

We are both talking about the same things but emphasizing different points. That's fine. I'm happy as long as we're discussing the Magic, and not each other's motives, which no one else cares about anyway.