Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

There's a line that must be drawn man. I don't wear jersies that much anymore. Maybe a hat or a shirt with the logo but if I get a chance to take my son to a game and he wants a jersey, I want to explain to him why I'm a fan. Not just because it's my home town but other reasons. I don't want to or feel like it's right to explain to him why there's a dozen plus more other logos polluting the jersey.

Do this simple exercise. Get a bunch of those envelope stampers with different businesses on them. Go to the bathroom and start unloading them onto your face. Once your done, look in the mirror.

It's a slippery slope and I won't be a part of that push.

Slippery slope arguments are dumb arguments. I can use a slippery slope argument to show why teaching your kid how to drive is going to get him addicted to meth and hookers.

Slippery slope arguments are dumb arguments. I can use a slippery slope argument to show why teaching your kid how to drive is going to get him addicted to meth and hookers.

Your trying to paint black or white with grey with that argument. Common sense, right and wrong will always dominate your example. Some things are absolute.

Putting corporate logos all over a jersey is wrong.

My son or daughter wants a jersey, it's because he's a fan of the team and the player. That's it. That intimate fan experience shouldn't be polluted with Wells Fargo, Brighthouse , Kia and dozen more corporate hacks.

I'm shocked you can't see it this way. That intimacy of being a fan. It'll all be ruined once you overshadow the true origin of what makes one be a fan.

Your trying to paint black or white with grey with that argument. Common sense, right and wrong will always dominate your example. Some things are absolute.

My son or daughter wants a jersey, it's because he's a fan of the team and the player. That's it. That intimate fan experience shouldn't be polluted with Wells Fargo, Brighthouse , Kia and dozen more corporate hacks.

OR ADIDAS

oh no... its already started! :panicworker: :panicworker: :panicworker: :panicworker: :panicworker:

OR ADIDAS

oh no... its already started! :panicworker:/> :panicworker:/> :panicworker:/> :panicworker:/> :panicworker:/>

Adidas makes the uniform bruh. How you can use that for an example is baffling.

I'm shocked you can't see it this way. That intimacy of being a fan. It'll all be ruined once you overshadow the true origin of what makes one be a fan.

No, you're trying to make something reasonable (i.e. one logo that they can legislate for reasonableness) seem scary by arguing against an extreme example rather than it's normal course.

Your argument is arguing that corporate involvement pollutes the fan experience as you're taking your child to AMWAY center to see the team play and you go buy him a Pepsi soda during a timeout during the game that is brought to you by BBVA.

I deal with this **** every year when someone suggests wearing the black FSU jerseys. it's just a jersey and if the players like it who cares? No we don't have to play in a different jersey color every week. No we don't need to change all of the school colors to black. its just a one time thing.

Adidas makes the uniform bruh. How you can use that for an example is baffling.

Yeah, but your son or daughter wants the jersey because they support the team or the player, not because they enjoy adidas. why should their life be polluted by adidas clothing?

Fournier should bulk up in the off-season. He and Ezo. If he's going to pay the four, he's going to have to be rough and tough. As for Tobias, he should bulk down. I thought he was better here in the year he got traded in which he was much leaner. Even better than last season.

No, you're trying to make something reasonable (i.e. one logo that they can legislate for reasonableness) seem scary by arguing against an extreme example rather than it's normal course.

Your argument is arguing that corporate involvement pollutes the fan experience as you're taking your child to AMWAY center to see the team play and you go buy him a Pepsi soda during a timeout during the game that is brought to you by BBVA.

I deal with this **** every year when someone suggests wearing the black FSU jerseys. it's just a jersey and if the players like it who cares? No we don't have to play in a different jersey color every week. No we don't need to change all of the school colors to black. its just a one time thing.

If my son wants a Pepsi, I'll go get him a Pepsi. Not a Brighthouse-Kia-Wells Fargo-soft drink.

Yeah, but your son or daughter wants the jersey because they support the team or the player, not because they enjoy adidas. why should their life be polluted by adidas clothing?

It's one little emblem by the company who actually makes the uniform.

Hey you know what? Your right. I invest into the Magic too, let's put all the fans names on the jerseys too.

Come ooon man.