Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

I don't know if the wheels fall off, but there's a lot of evidence that we're a 40 win team masquerading as a 49 win team.

But 40 wins is a 60% improvement on wins from last year. And 40 wins is very good for the team tied for second youngest in the league. Especially considering that no team in the bottom 6 in age has a better record than we do.

I agree. I think that most our wins (like 90%) were against teams that we were supposed to beat, and we lost against nearly every elite team we faced. Also, after that horrible stretch to start the season, our schedule has been quite easy with a lot of home games.

It's understandable if we take a nose dive, especially since Payton - one of our most important and irreplaceable players - is hurt

also, oladipo's "point guard" faults are greatly overstated by people on this board. Sure, he looks bad compared to payton (because Payton is very very good at point guard things) but compared to the league as a whole, his Assist% is comparable to guys like CJ McCollum, Kevin Durant, Monta Ellis, Jeremy Lin, Raymond Felton, Ramon Sessions, and Paul George. His Turnover % is better than 251 other NBA players. He's playing very similarly to Aaron Brooks in these categories.

is his shooting good. Not really in any aspect this year (except for shots from 16 feet to the three point line. for some reason he's hitting 48% of those and he's never come close to that in previous years). he needs to improve his shots at the rim by at least 10%. He needs to improve his three point shooting by at least 8%.

also, oladipo's "point guard" faults are greatly overstated by people on this board. Sure, he looks bad compared to payton (because Payton is very very good at point guard things) but compared to the league as a whole, his Assist% is comparable to guys like CJ McCollum, Kevin Durant, Monta Ellis, Jeremy Lin, Raymond Felton, Ramon Sessions, and Paul George. His Turnover % is better than 251 other NBA players. He's playing very similarly to Aaron Brooks in these categories.

is his shooting good. Not really in any aspect this year (except for shots from 16 feet to the three point line. for some reason he's hitting 48% of those and he's never come close to that in previous years). he needs to improve his shots at the rim by at least 10%. He needs to improve his three point shooting by at least 8%.

His 3 point attempt rate is up from 23% last year to 29%, and his make rate is down from 34% to 27%.

His 3 point attempt rate is up from 23% last year to 29%, and his make rate is down from 34% to 27%.

I think that is beginning to swing back towards the 23%. while I don't want to do the three point rate math, he attempted 65 threes in the first 15 games and 47 in the last 17.

My problem with Oladipo isn't about his passing or dribbling ability (point guard things). My problem with him is that he can't shoot or make layups and he shoots way too much for how good he is at those things

He should focus on facilitating

My problem with Oladipo isn't about his passing or dribbling ability (point guard things). My problem with him is that he can't shoot or make layups and he shoots way too much for how good he is at those things

Yeah, that's fair.

Spot on. He was not a great offensive player in college, and never will be. He needs to concentrate on what his skills are.

Spot on. He was not a great offensive player in college, and never will be. He needs to concentrate on what his skills are.

Naaa. Dipo shouldn't limit his desire to improve to appease you. He was a good finisher in college and just needs to get stronger and continue to work on his shot.

I said in the chatroom that I would trade everyone not named Vuc for Ibaka. Just let OKC choose whoever (no matter how many) they want

C- Vuc

PF- Ibaka

and then build from there

I said in the chatroom that I would trade everyone not named Vuc for Ibaka. Just let OKC choose whoever (no matter how many) they want

C- Vuc

PF- Ibaka

and then build from there

Meh.