Sign in to follow this  
TheNameIsOrlando

Preseason Thread

Pelicans boards actually want to trade him for Frye but along with a pick from us. We would be so deep with Anderson,

I'd take it. Even for this year's unprotected

EDIT: Didn't realize his contract is expiring

I'd take it. Even for this year's unprotected

EDIT: Didn't realize his contract is expiring

Yeah that's true. I'd rather have fryes contract than have to overpay Anderson, which is what henny wanted to avoid by trading him in the first place.

so...

last preseason game tonight...

Season starts on Wednesday for us.

still quiet. I blame inconsistent TV coverage.

I got my League Pass the other night so I'm all geared up! Super excited for this season. In my book we don't have to make the playoffs just need to be in contention with the last 10 games or so and it will be a + season!

The Grizzlies are undefeated in the preseason. Time to change that. After this game, the Magic have an extended hiatus between matches which is about 5 days. Come hump day, the Magic should be more than prepared and focused........I HOPE for our home game. I mentioned this earlier this week but its important for us to win these first two home games to make noise. Rather we not have to make a push for 50 percent. I'd rather the team approach the game like they're better than being a 50 percent team. I'd rather them not approach the game with the acceptance of the expectations towards this season to being an under 40 win team.

The first 6 games are against playoff bound teams and 3 from each conference. Two of these teams are elites; Thunder, Houston. These two should be the toughest to beat because they simply do not respect the Magic.

I really hope we win the Thunder game. They embarrassed us in a game last season because of that Tobias game winner. They shot a ridiculous percentage against us.

-----

Rant on Houston:

The Houston Rockets need to be taken seriously. I don't think there's a moment in time when we have gotten respect from Houston or its players. Notice that in Magic history, our last two franchise players ended up in Houston and really hated us while they were there; Mcgrady, Howard. Notice that when we tried to build a playoff team from trading players from Houston, they surely didn't like it here; Mobley, Francis. That whole situation was a ticking time bomb.

Kenny Smith, former Houston player, loathes the Magic. That is why that one Magic fan threw something at his ass post game. It wasn't me but good ****. lol. Here's a list because, because bored, of Houston players that have given us problems throughout our history.

It also exposes some other truths of the NBA and its other obvious tactics.

Juwann Howard

Jon Barry

Carlos Delfino

Earl Boykins

Chase Budinger

Luther Head

Steve Novak

Jon Barry (as a analyst)

Sam Cassell (on every team he's played on)

David Wesley

Mike James

Marcus Thornton(Current)

Trevor Ariza(silent killer)

Their ignorant play by play announcers take indirect shots at us during live broadcasts. I can't bare to see the Magic lose to Marcus Thornton.

The only thing great that came out of Houston for us was Rafer Alston and they had to dump him because of controversy. Other than that, more harm than help.

There's also the dreaded Jon Barry....luckily we don't see him anymore. I've watched over 1200 magic games by now. It easy to remember these guys when you're pissed off that they playing above average against your team. I found this article that probably explains why he hates everything and the what the NBA was doing while social media couldn't easily expose them:

I hope someone clicks on this because its actually informative:

https://sports.vice....rst-commentator

----

On The Wizards:

We should win this opening game easily. It feels like we have more depth that goes under the radar however they are veterans. No one I despise here. Luckily they don't have prime Caron Butler/Antwan Jamison.

Alan Anderson

Bradley Beal

Jared Dudley

Marcin Gortat

Nene Hilario

Gary Neal

Otto Porter

John Wall

Ramon Sessions

Kelly Oubre

so...

last preseason game tonight...

Season starts on Wednesday for us.

still quiet. I blame inconsistent TV coverage.

We'll live.

Gotta find nonsense to talk about like I do.

hypothetical question:

would you trade Harris straight up for Carmelo Anthony assuming a world where Anthony was excited about playing for the Magic?