Sign in to follow this  
TrueBlueDrew

Can the NBA ever be even?

What proof can you produce other than 4 movies made by 3 superstars ahead of their time?

Explain why players would want to go to Utah or Detroit or Phoenix if not for the players and chance to win a title? They didn't get a shoe deal. They didn't get a movie. They probably didn't even get a commercial. They went there for a championship. Seattle? Houston? Even Orlando to a degree.

Space Jam, He Got Game, and 3 movies starring Shaq.

That's 5 movies.

And I'm not sure what point you're even making with those teams. What big time FA signed with ANY of those teams in the 90s? Like, legitimately, what are you even talking about? Are we talking about the Earth-shattering FA signing of Jeff Hornacek?

What proof can you produce other than 4 movies made by 3 superstars ahead of their time?

You asked for more than one. He gave you at least 3.

Your point has been moot for quite sometime now.

Explain why players would want to go to Utah or Detroit or Phoenix if not for the players and chance to win a title? They didn't get a shoe deal. They didn't get a movie. They probably didn't even get a commercial. They went there for a championship. Seattle? Houston? Even Orlando to a degree.

In an age of internet, social media, and league pass the market size doesn't mean anything. Winning does

Space Jam, He Got Game, and 3 movies starring Shaq.

That's 5 movies.

And I'm not sure what point you're even making with those teams. What big time FA signed with ANY of those teams in the 90s? Like, legitimately, what are you even talking about? Are we talking about the Earth-shattering FA signing of Jeff Hornacek?

Blue chips

You asked for more than one. He gave you at least 3.

Your point has been moot for quite sometime now.

And if he asked for 10 and I gave him 15, he'd immediately ask for 20.

He's just going to keep moving the goal posts until he can convince himself he's right.

In an age of internet, social media, and league pass the market size doesn't mean anything. Winning does

Yup and also, I think the players are learning that the grass isn't always greener on the other side after they've seen what a mess it's been for players like D12, Melo (who left their respective teams for "larger markets").

Yeah, it's weird how Truebluewhatever didn't acknowledge that the most clear example of a player leaving a team for a worse team in order to raise his brand's profile was Shaq going to LA in the 90s.

Bro let it go. You just keep nagging.

I did say that Ray Allen/Michael Jordan/Shaq are 3 examples of Superstars who were ahead of their time. However in general most of the NBA did not do this.

I'm not your bro.

And you've yet to give a single example of anyone doing what you described, much less listed MANY players doing it such that one could describe it as a trend.

You whined that I didn't know how to converse in another thread, and yet you've done nothing but complain about literally everyone rejecting your argument using things like "logic" and "evidence" while providing none of your own.

ahead of their time.

What does this even mean? Every time you get another example of how you're wrong you just keep using that phrase.

However in general most of the NBA did not do this.

So your point is that the NBA isn't riddled with hollywood-level actors or with players with enough overall popularity to fill movie seats. Well, duh.

I'm not your bro.

And you've yet to give a single example of anyone doing what you described, much less listed MANY players doing it such that one could describe it as a trend.

You whined that I didn't know how to converse in another thread, and yet you've done nothing but complain about literally everyone rejecting your argument using things like "logic" and "evidence" while providing none of your own.

David Wesley to Charlotte in 97

Darrell Armstrong to Orlando in 95

Tom Chambers to Phoenix in 88

Bernard King to Washington in 87

Horace Grant to Orlando in 94

Dennis Rodman to the Spurs and Bulls

All of those players went to smaller market teams...not for a brand and not primarily for a contract. They went there because they believed in the team that was being assembled and wanted to win a championship with that team.

There is evidence.

What does this even mean? Every time you get another example of how you're wrong you just keep using that phrase.

Shaq/Jordan -- two men who single handedly were larger than life personalities who were the face of the NBA for decades. Those two are obviously going to stand out.

Ray Allen is a good example, but my entire point for this conversation was that 95% of the NBA did not think this way. They did not think about brands/marketing, their main concern was championships and rosters.

We can agree to disagree if we want to because it is pointless for me to continue to repeat the same argument when all anyone has come back with are 3 examples of superstars/face of the NBA players who made movies.