Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Gamethread: Magic at Birds

He's an inconsistent shooter. If you look at the top 90 3 point shooters in the league, which you obviosly did, Frye was rated at number 86 for 2PG %. Number 86! So I guess he is consistent in that because he can't shoot inside the arc at all. The only thing he brings to this team is shooting outside the arc because his defense is absolutely invisible, so if he's not in the top 10, he's an albatross. Also, you claim he's only 0.8% out from being number 20. He's also 0.8% from being number 38 if you subtract a fictious number rather than add one.

I mean... His defense is irrelevant to a conversation about his shooting. So too is his 2P% really considering his entire value is as a 3 point shooter and 73% of his shots are 3s. Also on what planet is 0.8 a fictitious number? 0.8 is as real as any other number.

You're right, .08 is a real number, but my point was your claim that if his percentage was .08 better, then he would be ranked 20th, and I said if he was .08 worse he would be rated 38th. Neither are relevant statements be cause he is what he is. His 2 PG% has nothing to do with his 3PG%, but it is relevant because it shows he is not a consistent shooter. I agree that his defense has nothing to do with his shooting ability. In fact his defense is just exactly that. Nothing. I will have to admit that I probably am bias, because he is one of the few starters in the league that seldom sees minutes in the latter part of the 4th quarter because he is a liability on the court rather than an asset.

You're right, .08 is a real number, but my point was your claim that if his percentage was .08 better, then he would be ranked 20th, and I said if he was .08 worse he would be rated 38th. Neither are relevant statements be cause he is what he is. His 2 PG% has nothing to do with his 3PG%, but it is relevant because it shows he is not a consistent shooter. I agree that his defense has nothing to do with his shooting ability. In fact his defense is just exactly that. Nothing. I will have to admit that I probably am bias, because he is one of the few starters in the league that seldom sees minutes in the latter part of the 4th quarter because he is a liability on the court rather than an asset.

He takes less than 2, 2 point shots a game. The difference between him being an inconsistent 2 point shooter (according to you) and having a better 2 point % than Kevin Durant is making 13 more of his 2 point field goal attempts this season. Which is a whole 1 extra make for every 5 games.

He takes less than 2, 2 point shots a game. The difference between him being an inconsistent 2 point shooter (according to you) and having a better 2 point % than Kevin Durant is making 13 more of his 2 point field goal attempts this season. Which is a whole 1 extra make for every 5 games.

First off, KD is .565 in 2PG% and Frye is .405. For Frye to be better than .565 at this point he would have to be 63-111 and he is 45-111. 18 more makes is an improvement of 40%. If KD made 40% more he would be 244-308, which is .792. You are skewering stats to prove your point. I give up. No logic here. Good bye sir.

First off, KD is .565 in 2PG% and Frye is .405. For Frye to be better than .565 at this point he would have to be 63-111 and he is 45-111. 18 more makes is an improvement of 40%. If KD made 40% more he would be 244-308, which is .792. You are skewering stats to prove your point. I give up. No logic here. Good bye sir.

Without checking the stats my guess would be that your stats are including dunks and close range shots while the other stats are based on purely jump shots beyond 10ft? Meaning Frye is a pretty good shooter within the arc but not finisher.

My bad I accidentally used KDs career 2 point percentage. But still, he'd need to have made 18 more of his FGs. So 1 extra make every 3 games. This isn't about KD making 40% more though. Nobody said anything about that. You're the one "skewing stats" if you think Frye making 18 more FGS and KD making 70 more are the same just because they're both 40% of their respective FGM. This is about how the sample size of Fryes 2 point shooting is so small.