Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

GAME THREAD: ORLANDO MAGIC AT DETROIT PISTONS

You have got to find a place or Dedmon in the lineup. He is by FAR our best defense down low and can run like a gazelle which would fit nicely with our new fast paced offense. I think Frye is a major problem with our defense he cant defend a mailbox. He cant move, jump or run. He needs to go.

I don't think Dedmon has even seen the court since we started running, which about says it all when it comes to JV's ineptness as a coach.

I don't think Dedmon has even seen the court since we started running, which about says it all when it comes to JV's ineptness as a coach.

I've actually been wondering/thinking the same thing. Has there been a falling out with those 2? I find that hard to believe cause Dedmon seems to do nothing but go 110% at all times. It makes zero since to me why he can't get a few minutes a night. But than again, most of what Vaughn does makes no sense to me.

I've actually been wondering/thinking the same thing. Has there been a falling out with those 2? I find that hard to believe cause Dedmon seems to do nothing but go 110% at all times. It makes zero since to me why he can't get a few minutes a night. But than again, most of what Vaughn does makes no sense to me.

Because you can't give dedmon minutes without taking it away from someone else and you can't play dedmon and Vuc at the same time.

So do you want to take minutes away from Vuc who is probably our best player or do you want to take it away from o'quinn who most of you believed should start about a month ago.

Because you can't give dedmon minutes without taking it away from someone else and you can't play dedmon and Vuc at the same time.

So do you want to take minutes away from Vuc who is probably our best player or do you want to take it away from o'quinn who most of you believed should start about a month ago.

Why can't you? Detroit plays Drummond and Monroe? And yes, you take the mins from Frye and O'Quinn just like we did when Dedmon used to play.

Why can't you? Detroit plays Drummond and Monroe? And yes, you take the mins from Frye and O'Quinn just like we did when Dedmon used to play.

Neither guy can defend PFs, dedmon gets 97% of his offense within 10 feet from the basket which would kill our spacing. Detroit plays Drummond and Monroe together out of necessity.

You guys are unbelievable.

We suck. Vaughn needs to play o'quinn more or he's an idiot.

O'quinn's play falls off a cliff.

Forget o'quinn, Vaughn needs to play harkless more or he's an idiot.

Harkless plays, plays terribly.

Forget harkless, Vaughn needs to play dedmon more or he's an idiot because he scored 9 points in a game once!

Maybe you guys don't know as much as you think you do and systematically move from one bench player to another because the next bench player hasn't disappointed you yet.

Neither guy can defend PFs, dedmon gets 97% of his offense within 10 feet from the basket which would kill our spacing. Detroit plays Drummond and Monroe together out of necessity.

Frye can't defend PF's either so come up with a better argument please. Additionally JV's inability to adjust to the fact that O'Quinn has been largely terrible and Frye has been consistently horrible on defense actually supports the point that is being made. Maybe it is you who doesn't understand basketball and the necessity to adjust based on matchups and the way guys are actually performing on the court? Have you considered that possibility?

Frye can't defend PF's either so come up with a better argument please. Additionally JV's inability to adjust to the fact that O'Quinn has been largely terrible and Frye has been consistently horrible on defense actually supports the point that is being made. Maybe it is you who doesn't understand basketball and the necessity to adjust based on matchups and the way guys are actually performing on the court?

Lol

Lol

I felt the same way about your Detroit plays Drummond and Monroe together out of necessity bit, but I at least humored myself by responding like an adult instead of a teenage girl.

I felt the same way about your Detroit plays Drummond and Monroe together out of necessity bit, but I at least humored myself by responding like an adult instead of a teenage girl.

Drummond is an up and coming center and they have Monroe playing for 5 million and want to move him. You get your best five guys on the court any way you can.

Dedmon is not a top 5 player on this team. He has more fouls than field goals.

Drummond is an up and coming center and they have Monroe playing for 5 million and want to move him. You get your best five guys on the court any way you can.

Dedmon is not a top 5 player on this team. He has more fouls than field goals.

So it's not as much "desperation" as it is common sense. The same common sense that I argue should be used when a guy like Frye is getting his lunch eaten by a guy like Monroe, or almost nightly against any PF he's gone up against this year. I agree O'Quinn has been equally terrible, but if you think Frye is getting the job done I question whether you're watching the same games as everyone else. Point is there is room for Dedmon, O'Quinn hasn't proven himself worthy of the minutes he's getting and Frye is flat terrible on defense, he just is.

So it's not as much "desperation" as it is common sense. The same common sense that I argue should be used when a guy like Frye is getting his lunch eaten by a guy like Monroe, or almost nightly against any PF he's gone up against this year. I agree O'Quinn has been equally terrible, but if you think Frye is getting the job done I question whether you're watching the same games as everyone else. Point is there is room for Dedmon, O'Quinn hasn't proven himself worthy of the minutes he's getting and Frye is flat terrible on defense, he just is.

but your argument is frye sucks, o'quinn sucks. Dedmon has to be better by default.

My argument is frye sucks, O'quinn sucks, dedmon isn't the answer at PF and whatever positive you get from dedmon on defense is negated by teams not even having to defend him on offense allowing an easy double team of Vuc.

I can't wait until Gordon is deemed safe enough for major minutes and frye can go to a "bench shooter let's see if we can exploit a matchup" role