Sign in to follow this  
TreyMachine

The "What to do with Tobias Harris" Thread

33 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Tobias Harris?

• Keep him and sign him at all costs
    • Keep him for the rest of the season and leave open the door to possibly to sign/match him in the offseason
    • Trade him this season and get the best value for him while we still have him
    • Other

All these pipe dreams of signing Kawhi, Millsap etc. are funny as hell. Why in the world would they ever come here and why would their teams let them walk?

Just sign our own restricted free agent because that's the best we'll be able to get. We made a mistake when we didn't give him 12 per year like he was asking for, now he'll ask for around 15 and I'd still give him that.

now that kobe's done for season, trade tobes for julius randle and some mix of whatever else like ben gordon, moe, nicholson, dedmon, nash, tarik black ed davis 2nds, whatever, perferably BG as a kobe replacement for season, and harris as their future star the can max out, and we get back randle as a legit PF of future, get ed davis or black for depth while randle's out, or maybe just bring up kadeem batts and Curry, bring curry off the bench for scoring, give batts PF depth shot instead...

is that too young?

then max out leonard... then stew gawn

this year

payton, dipo, gordon,frye, vooch

curry fournier, moe/WG, batts/black/davis, KO/dedmon

payton, dipo, kawhi, gordon, vooch

curry, fournier, randle, batts/ our first round etc etc. (frye disappears in bermuda triangle incident)

then pop says he only wants to coach team kawhi's on and comes here and I pull both my hammies at the same time creamin my shorts.

if not kawhi, draymond for less than max? and still stew gawn?

no

meh, I actually think kawhi is more realistic than LMA or milsap, especially if we jam the spurs up by getting him to sign offer right away before they can do other moves if they don't have some secret agreement. If you look at their respective teams and futures, LMA and Milsap are set on contending teams that will give them nice fat deals in a good situation. Monroe, not so much, but he's the least desirable of those depending on price. Honestly if I'm kawhi, I'm looking around me and I'm gonna be alone in a year or two. Now spurs are smart and all that, but I'm not exactly sure that they'll not take a dip here real soon... Kawhi's a weird dude and who knwos what's important to him, his situation seems like I'd be more willing to explore options.

we almost signed the spurs last franchise player a while back...maybe this time we close the deal.

where did you see randle being out next season? I'm sure he won't be back this year, but I've never seen anything about next year.

meh, I actually think kawhi is more realistic than LMA or milsap, especially if we jam the spurs up by getting him to sign offer right away before they can do other moves if they don't have some secret agreement. If you look at their respective teams and futures, LMA and Milsap are set on contending teams that will give them nice fat deals in a good situation. Monroe, not so much, but he's the least desirable of those depending on price. Honestly if I'm kawhi, I'm looking around me and I'm gonna be alone in a year or two. Now spurs are smart and all that, but I'm not exactly sure that they'll not take a dip here real soon... Kawhi's a weird dude and who knwos what's important to him, his situation seems like I'd be more willing to explore options.

we almost signed the spurs last franchise player a while back...maybe this time we close the deal.

where did you see randle being out next season? I'm sure he won't be back this year, but I've never seen anything about next year.

I didn't phrase it correctly. He just had another surgery on a different problem that might give him some trouble during the next season. He might be at full strength in 2016-17 only

Spin: Randle recently had corrective foot surgery and is still rehabbing from the fractured tibia that ended his rookie campaign. Coming off major foot and leg injuries, Scott does not believe that Randle will be in a good position to have a productive offseason of workouts and practice, thus leading to a stunted 2015-16 season. Time will be the ultimate factor in whether or not this comes to fruition, but as for now, Randle may not be a worthwhile fantasy prospect until the 2016-17 season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3064514/julius-randle

All these pipe dreams of signing Kawhi, Millsap etc. are funny as hell. Why in the world would they ever come here and why would their teams let them walk?

Just sign our own restricted free agent because that's the best we'll be able to get. We made a mistake when we didn't give him 12 per year like he was asking for, now he'll ask for around 15 and I'd still give him that.

Harris is the ONLY free agent out there this summer that we know we can sign because he's restricted. He didn't sign a contract this summer because there are at least 6 teams out there who will offer him a lot more money than we did because he's worth it. We could possibly sign a player to take his place who is a better defender, but for us to expect to sign a free agent who brings more to this team than Harris does is a pipe dream. Why would they? We are a small market team, our coach is certainly not a drawing card, we are not even close to being considered a contender, and we probably won't even make the playoffs is a very weak eastern division. He is 22 years old, has grit, a team player, has the ability to take over a game with his offense, and could possibly be a star in this league within the next 3 or 4 years. If we settle for a replacement who simply brings better defense and minimal offense, this team will at best be a bottom feeder playoff team. We have what could be one of the best point guards in the league, but he will need a shooter to give the ball to for this team to be a winner, and if we can't sign one better than Harris, we should keep him.

• Upvote 1

but for us to expect to sign a free agent who brings more to this team than Harris does is a pipe dream. Why would they? We are a small market team, our coach is certainly not a drawing card, we are not even close to being considered a contender, and we probably won't even make the playoffs is a very weak eastern division. He is 22 years old, has grit, a team player, has the ability to take over a game with his offense, and could possibly be a star in this league within the next 3 or 4 years. If we settle for a replacement who simply brings better defense and minimal offense, this team will at best be a bottom feeder playoff team. We have what could be one of the best point guards in the league, but he will need a shooter to give the ball to for this team to be a winner, and if we can't sign one better than Harris, we should keep him.

100% ^

I would pay Tobias 12-14 a year. That's taking in consideration the new tv deal, where salary cap is going way up. I'm confident that Aaron Gordon can take that starting position if Tobias leaves to New York.

I would pay Tobias 12-14 a year. That's taking in consideration the new tv deal, where salary cap is going way up. I'm confident that Aaron Gordon can take that starting position if Tobias leaves to New York.

Honestly I think he would be foolish to goto NY.

He would be leaving the team that gave him a chance, the players he grew into his career with, his cousin and to a team thats worse than we are right now AND whos already paying another person max money while they suck.

I say resign him for $15/year if it comes to it -- i would cringe, but its highly doubtful we will be able to replace him.