Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

GAMETHREAD: ORLANDO vs Washington

Once again it boils down to JV not knowing how to manage a game with poor lineups on the floor in certain situations. I also hope he is not drawing up some of this offense cause it lacks any common sense.

I thought the rotations were fine. We should have won the game. Obviously they worked.

But you have to have some sort of imaginative play-calling ability, especially without an established iso guy.

Randy Whitman isn't exactly a coaching genius. Can't let him get you like that. JV has to take the blame on this one. He has to put his players in the right positions at the end of games.

I don't put this game on youth. Bad luck, with poor play design on offense and defense to finish out a game will give you a loss at any level of NBA experience.

Meh. I think we had three bad calls go against us based on youth and wall abused Payton in the last two minutes. Youth is harris going 3 on 1 with a minute to go. I think the call was misplayed by oladipo. He went about 2.5 seconds too late and when he didn't get the look he wanted he was forced to jack up the shot.

Meh. I think we had three bad calls go against us based on youth and wall abused Payton in the last two minutes. Youth is harris going 3 on 1 with a minute to go. I think the call was misplayed by oladipo. He went about 2.5 seconds too late and when he didn't get the look he wanted he was forced to jack up the shot.

I'll agree with you on all that. And Wall is a beast.

But a lot of NBA games come down to the final possession no matter the situations. We've got to find ways of putting ourselves in better spots to win at those times. That's all on the coach.

I'll agree with you on all that. And Wall is a beast.

But a lot of NBA games come down to the final possession no matter the situations. We've got to find ways of putting ourselves in better spots to win at those times. That's all on the coach.

I'll agree with that. Hopefully they all improve including coaching. Next time we face this situation maybe it works better.

Vaughn's rotations have been better of late and you are seeing guys play with confidence when they know what their role is. That's big.

I'll just say, the refs suck as always. Not mad at Dipo. Want him taking those shots.

O'Quinn and Dedmond should've been in there more at the end. Not Frye.

Did you want O'Quinn defending wall, beal, pierce, miller, or butler?

I'll agree with that. Hopefully they all improve including coaching. Next time we face this situation maybe it works better.

Vaughn's rotations have been better of late and you are seeing guys play with confidence when they know what their role is. That's big.

I still don't get something. Why is Vic running the point, and Elfrid is spotting up when both are playing? Can someone give me a logical reason for this because, I can't come up with one.

Agreed there too.

That one just hurt. I'm starting to get the 7 or 8 seed in my head instead of the 7 or 8th pick.

I still don't get something. Why is Vic running the point, and Elfrid is spotting up when both are playing? Can someone give me a logical reason for this because, I can't come up with one.

With Vic handling the ball in the third quarter he hit a rhythm and put up 9 points in a little less than 6 minutes. You can't take the ball out of his hands in certain match ups. This is where Payton needs to improve.

I think JV is also learning about his players along with the players themselves. It's all about experience and learning from mistakes -- and that includes coaching as well.