Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

GAMETHREAD: ORLANDO vs Washington

To everyone who saw that game against the Jazz, let us remind you that Hayward received the Max and you should have seen what Harris did to him on court. It was brutal.

The max for a player coming off of a rookie contract isn't really "the max". We aren't talking Rudy Gay money with 20 million+ in a league with a 58 million cap. We're talking 16 million in a league with soon to be a 80 million cap.

So, proportionally, it would be like giving harris a 4 year 44 million contract in 2011.

For updates on where the salary cap could be (or where it's projected to be), you can get an idea here: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/10/projecting-future-nba-salary-caps-under-new-national-tv-contracts/

I wonder if Tobias will sign a short deal to make himself available when the new cap(s) are revealed.

For updates on where the salary cap could be (or where it's projected to be), you can get an idea here: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/10/projecting-future-nba-salary-caps-under-new-national-tv-contracts/

I wonder if Tobias will sign a short deal to make himself available when the new cap(s) are revealed.

I doubt it because he doesn't have the talent to leave money on the table. Elite guys can do that. back injury dwight was still given a max deal. Lebron can blow out his knee and there would be a bidding war for him. Tobias is a scorer on a team that has high hopes of being mediocre this season. If he gets injured his value drops significantly. If he has a bad month to end this season his value would drop significantly.