Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

GAMETHREAD: Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors

A loved seeing Frye show some fire, something that our coach lacks. Wonder how long before he loses the locker room?

It was interesting when Dante asked JV what he said to the guys in the locker room after the game, JV responded with something like "Guys don't want to hear what a coach has to say after a tough loss and sometimes its hard for the them to see the progression from game to game". Makes me wonder if JV went into the locker room and tried to give them glowingly positive feedback that was not well received by at least Frye. I mean Frye dropped the F-bomb when Dante asked him about the loss, so if JV was talking moral victories after the game I doubt anyone wanted to hear that crap.

It was interesting when Dante asked JV what he said to the guys in the locker room after the game, JV responded with something like "Guys don't want to hear what a coach has to say after a tough loss and sometimes its hard for the them to see the progression from game to game". Makes me wonder if JV went into the locker room and tried to give them glowingly positive feedback that was not well received by at least Frye. I mean Frye dropped the F-bomb when Dante asked him about the loss, so if JV was talking moral victories after the game I doubt anyone wanted to hear that crap.

Good point. I could see something like that having triggered his response. I would like to have seen JV have that response not Channing Frye, but that would never happen.

Just my opinion, but it could be that JV kept Luke in the game for ball protection rather than defense. I believe he only had one turnover all night and turnovers have been a killer to this team. That being said, EP has the capabilities of stealing the ball, and I wanted to see him playing in the fourth quarter because he is our starting PG for a reason.

This is a point that I made right after the game! Josh Robbins also has it in his article!!

Here is the problem..... when the players stop hearing the coach, he is no longer leading nor is he coach, I just hope he is not losing the friggin locker room!