Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

The Brooklyn Thread

We give up more points per game than every team in the conference except Philly, Boston, and...Cleveland(?!?). That is why we lose, it is completely in line with my insinuation. And I am aware of what has gone down to get us to this point, I do not need someone like you trying to lecture me on embracing positives when pointing out our defense is bad-is that dwelling? On a sunny day, when you get sunburned, do you say 'well at least it wasn't a washout' instead of "damn, I should have put on sunscreen'? I, like most adult sports fans, am fully capable of recognizing weakness while embracing the same team I have since always.

If you really considered my post to be a lecture towards you, I would suggest that you take along some of the sunscreen that you referred to when you go outside because, as Catman previously said, it sounds like you are a little sensitive. On another note, I am trying to make sense of your last sentence, and it's just not working for me.

• Upvote 1

We give up more points per game than every team in the conference except Philly, Boston, and...Cleveland(?!?). That is why we lose, it is completely in line with my insinuation. And I am aware of what has gone down to get us to this point, I do not need someone like you trying to lecture me on embracing positives when pointing out our defense is bad-is that dwelling? On a sunny day, when you get sunburned, do you say 'well at least it wasn't a washout' instead of "damn, I should have put on sunscreen'? I, like most adult sports fans, am fully capable of recognizing weakness while embracing the same team I have since always.

Consider these points:

•  
  • One of, if not our best defender is still out of the lineup. We don't have another option at SG that defends anywhere near as well as 'Dipo.
  • Points per game that our defense gives up does not adjust for pace.
  • There are only ten teams that currently play at a faster pace than Orlando.
  • Defensive Rating (points given up per 100 posessions) has us above Detroit, OKC, LA Clippers, New Orleans, Philly, Denver, Boston, Dallas, NY, Utah, Cleveland and the Lakers.
  • Offensive Rating has us in the back of the pack with only Philly, OKC, Milwaukee and Detroit behind us.

With this set of facts, I'd suggest our offense needs more work than our defense.

Consider these points:

• One of, if not our best defender is still out of the lineup. We don't have another option at SG that defends anywhere near as well as 'Dipo.
  • Points per game that our defense gives up does not adjust for pace.
  • There are only ten teams that currently play at a faster pace than Orlando.
  • Defensive Rating (points given up per 100 posessions) has us above Detroit, OKC, LA Clippers, New Orleans, Philly, Denver, Boston, Dallas, NY, Utah, Cleveland and the Lakers.
  • Offensive Rating has us in the back of the pack with only Philly, OKC, Milwaukee and Detroit behind us.

With this set of facts, I'd suggest our offense needs more work than our defense.

It doesn't exist anywhere I've been able to find, and I don't have nearly the time(or desire) to calculate the stats myself, but I'd love to see a breakdown that specifically accounts for/removes fast break points scored/allowed from teams' Ortg and Drtg stats. Like, one that is specifically for the half court sets.

It doesn't exist anywhere I've been able to find, and I don't have nearly the time(or desire) to calculate the stats myself, but I'd love to see a breakdown that specifically accounts for/removes fast break points scored/allowed from teams' Ortg and Drtg stats. Like, one that is specifically for the half court sets.

You'd think our offensive rating minus fast break offense would be a huge drop off.

Given all of this team's turnovers, the Ortg and Drtg would likely fall pretty dramatically.

This team gets an odd number of points from ISO mid range jumpshots with more than 12 seconds on the shot clock. Might not meet fast break criteria but it might as well be.