CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Nope Im just being real about the rebuild. The Magic have yet to land the star player in the draft that they need. For example, Andrew Wiggins in his rookie year is averaging 18.7 points, 0.8 threes, 4.8 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1.3 steals and 0.6 blocks for the past 20 games. He is not even close to what he will become and is younger with less experience than Victor.

We need a guy like that at guard. Russel is IMO, the guy you have to try and get in this draft. He can combo so Elf/Vic and him would all have good minutes, and I am rather confident that Russel would be the top producer of that trio.

No doubt Oladipo is not a star.

No doubt Russell is a guy who we want in this draft.

You said Oladipo wouldn't be a top 10 draft pick this year because he's not a star. There aren't 10 special players in this draft. There aren't 5 special players in this draft. There is one hands down special player and one guy who might be special in Russell but is at least a monta ellis type.

You either completely overrate this draft or completely underrate Oladipo because you focus on what he's not vs what he already is.

No doubt Oladipo is not a star.

No doubt Russell is a guy who we want in this draft.

You said Oladipo wouldn't be a top 10 draft pick this year because he's not a star. There aren't 10 special players in this draft. There aren't 5 special players in this draft. There is one hands down special player and one guy who might be special in Russell but is at least a monta ellis type.

You either completely overrate this draft or completely underrate Oladipo because you focus on what he's not vs what he already is.

Who is the hands down only special player? If you say Okafor, thats funny because many are saying Towns will go over him. There is a ton of depth in this draft actually. Mudiay could be the next John Wall as well. All- star calibre guard.

There are 4 guys who should be all-stars - Okafor, Towns, Mudiay, and Russell. Then there are at least 3-4 more who have that potential - Turner, Stanley Johnson, and I think Oubre and Kaminsky are very intriguing later round steals.

This is a really deep draft. I do not over rate it at all. I think it is the best draft that the rebuilding Magic have seen yet. I would be surprised if anyone would disagree with that.

Who is the hands down only special player? If you say Okafor, thats funny because many are saying Towns will go over him. There is a ton of depth in this draft actually. Mudiay could be the next John Wall as well. All- star calibre guard.

There are 4 guys who should be all-stars - Okafor, Towns, Mudiay, and Russell. Then there are at least 3-4 more who have that potential - Turner, Stanley Johnson, and I think Oubre and Kaminsky are very intriguing later round steals.

This is a really deep draft. I do not over rate it at all. I think it is the best draft that the rebuilding Magic have seen yet. I would be surprised if anyone would disagree with that.

Mudiay averaged 17 ppg in a league where Von wafer averages 38

This isn't a deep draft at all. Nobody is saying that. Towns is david west (hopefully), not Karl Malone. He's not special.

And we're really saying dude who is averaging 10 points and 6 rebounds per game is a likely all star?

Man you must think Brimah is the second coming of mutombo.

Ok if you think Mudiay isn't a stud, then this is a pointless discussion. I don't think you are very educated on this draft and Ill leave it at that.

Ok if you think Mudiay isn't a stud, then this is a pointless discussion. I don't think you are very educated on this draft and Ill leave it at that.

The real question is how can you call him a stud when you can't even compare him to top competition?

He might be good, he might not. I'm not ready to lampoon for a guy who was completely average in a joke league.

"If your opinion is different to the majority on one player it's not worth even talking to you."

Thats not what I said. I love how you jump in and attack almost every time though. I not going to go back and forth with someone who isn't going to change their mind. But nice attempt at spin.

8155478.jpg

I don't think he is in the NBA elite. Sorry.

The real question is how can you call him a stud when you can't even compare him to top competition?

He might be good, he might not. I'm not ready to lampoon for a guy who was completely average in a joke league.

So essentially, why have a pre draft discussion at all? He has all the skills to be an elite player in the NBA, which is why he is projected at #3 in a deep draft. I think he falls maybe down to 4 or 5 at worst.

My list for the Magic is Russel >Towns > Mudiay.

Thats not what I said. I love how you jump in and attack almost every time though. I not going to go back and forth with someone who isn't going to change their mind. But nice attempt at spin.

I don't think he is in the NBA elite. Sorry.

So essentially, why have a pre draft discussion at all? He has all the skills to be an elite player in the NBA, which is why he is projected at #3 in a deep draft. I think he falls maybe down to 4 or 5 at worst.

My list for the Magic is Russel >Towns > Mudiay.

We should really be looking at Eric Mccollum from division 3 Gousha college. He's averaging 40 points per game and 9 assists per game over there in China.

We should really be looking at Eric Mccollum from division 3 Gousha college. He's averaging 40 points per game and 9 assists per game over there in China.

See, this is why I said what I said. It's just a juvenile discussion now.

See, this is why I said what I said. It's just a juvenile discussion now.

I think it's a valid discussion. Mudiay played average in a league that is constantly dominated by players not considered by NBA teams. In my mind we might as well use his high school stats to evaluate him. Nobody can say anything about him yet until he gets in workouts.

It's not like mudiay is some basketball prodigy like lebron, oden, wiggins, okafor, ben simmons, and seventh woods. He's not someone you've heard about since the dude was 12.

Until you get him on the court with legitimate players he's equally likely to be marcus Teague, Sebastian telfair, Darius Washington, or the Harrison twins.