Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

"Projecting Breakouts for 2014-2015"

From ESPN's Bradford Doolittle… What young NBA players are set to breakout next season based on stats since the All-Star break?

In a nutshell, if a player is under 25 years old and has a post-All-Star winning percentage that is at least 5 percent higher than his season mark, he's about 67 percent likely to retain, or even expand upon, the improved percentage. Armed with these figures, let's look at the players this season who meet our breakout criteria: They are under 25, and have upped their performance since the All-Star break by at least 5 percent.

2. Tobias Harris

Improvement percentage: 12.0 | Age: 22

Harris has become more efficient over the course of this season, with a .594 true shooting percentage over his last 20 games….

6. Kyle O'Quinn

Improvement percentage: 6.8 | Age: 24

O'Quinn has sneakily become an efficient bench player, and occasional starter, as his playing time has become more consistent.

http://insider.espn....tes-2014-15-nba

I love Harris' silky offense and O'Quinn's rugged presence. Glad they're getting some love.

What's amazing is the job Henny's done acquiring assets: AA, Oli, Hark, Harris, O'Quinn and Vooch. All of these dudes are great pieces.

I don't think there are any moves Hennigan has made where I think "that was a bad move". There have been things he's done that haven't turned out great, or perfectly or whatever but I've never thought "wow that was horrible, why did we do that?". And I'm excited about the future of the team. Certainly I'm excited about Harris and O'Quinn going forward. I'll be interested to watch what roles those two guys in particular grow into with this team. Obviously O Quinn is starting now but I think he's more likely to come off the bench in the future and I'm still unsure with Harris whether he'll be a starter at SF or at PF or whether he'll be in a sixth man type role.