~O~

Game Thread: Thunder vs

Random players "cause" I'm cool:

Untitled_1.jpg

GAME NOTES

My link

Thunder-Magic Preview

Posted Feb 06 2014 4:24PM

The Orlando Magic have a chance at their first four-game home win streak in two seasons.

Standing in their way is Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The league's top scorer has helped the Thunder win 12 of their last 13 games heading into Friday night's matchup.

Oklahoma City (40-11) has won five straight in this series but there is reason to believe this contest between the league's second-best team and the second-worst won't be a mismatch.

One reason is that Orlando (14-37) can notch its first four-game home win streak since March 3-16, 2012.

Another is that while Durant has averaged 29.4 points during the run against the Magic, Russell Westbrook has averaged 21.0 points, 7.4 assists and 6.6 rebounds. Westbrook, though, remains out after knee surgery.

Durant is averaging 34.6 points in the 22 games he has played since Westbrook went down Dec. 25.

"He's a natural scorer," said Orlando coach Jacque Vaughn about Durant. "I won't compare him to anybody but he's a natural scorer, he has the ability to put points up and do it, it seems like effortlessly."

Homie JDogg (John Denton)

Feb. 7, 2014

ORLANDO – Long before he became the most lethal scorer on the planet and had the Oklahoma City Thunder perennially in contention for the NBA championship, Kevin Durant lived through a trying rebuilding process.

Durant endured a 20-62 season his rookie year (2007-08) and a 23-59 season as the franchise transitioned from being the Seattle SuperSonics into the Oklahoma City Thunder. During those losing seasons, Durant’s teams were able to acquire several key pieces such as Russell Westbrook, James Harden and Serge Ibaka that would eventually form the foundation of a squad that would grow into a powerhouse.

I believe we're sacrificing FENDI for Durant. Lo lo Bromios, Lo lo Dendrites, Lo lo Elutherios