Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2013-2014 Trade Watch Thread

Is there a young PF who is a defensive enforcer? Either in the draft or in the league?

I still think we should throw some weight on Moe and let him attempt this role (like Horry).

Adreian Payne is probably our best bet in the draft. He's athletic and has a crazy wingspan. Can play good defense. Can play in the post and has decent range.

I'm having a hard time coming up with a good comp for him. Last year he was solid. Now he's coming off of a 33 and 9 game against Texas and hitting threes.

Here's an idea.

We keep afflalo and trade him in the offseason. We package Denver's pick (hopefully picking around 12 or 13) with afflalo to move up into the top 7.

That's the best I can come up with.

If Cleveland lands somewhere out of the top 6, I could see them biting on this scenario all day long for AA and our Denver pick.

With Westbrook having his 3rd surgery on that knee, maybe Henny can get OKC to deal us Jackson and Lamb for Nelson, Afflalo (and whatever fillers) so they can keep rolling to win now.

With Westbrook having his 3rd surgery on that knee, maybe Henny can get OKC to deal us Jackson and Lamb for Nelson, Afflalo (and whatever fillers) so they can keep rolling to win now.

Wow. Tough break for Westbrook. There is no way they'll give up Jackson now, though they may want Meer.

Here we go. Crazy time. OKC would also send their first to Phoenix to help cover the cost of Perkins, though he gives them a tough center. In the meantime, we dump loads of salary and get Lamb.

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=n2j6nml

Wait, so we're giving up Meer, Afflalo, Harkless for Lamb and a 5m savings?

Wait, so we're giving up Meer, Afflalo, Harkless for Lamb and a 5m savings?

Where are you getting 5 million? From what I gather it is more like 25 million we'd be saving: http://www.basketbal...tracts/ORL.html. I admit I could be wrong, but after this year, I believe we owe Meer 3 million, AA 15.6 million, and Baby 6.6 million.

Here we go. Crazy time. OKC would also send their first to Phoenix to help cover the cost of Perkins, though he gives them a tough center. In the meantime, we dump loads of salary and get Lamb.

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=n2j6nml

I think you need to take a step back for a second and realize lamb is alright but not a starter.

I think you need to take a step back for a second and realize lamb is alright but not a starter.

Not yet smile_creaturedance.gif.

I know I'm suggesting crazy things. Just trying to throw things out there to improve our Magic over the long haul.